PDA

View Full Version : How busy is EMH evening hours?

momof3+twins
06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Going to MK on an EMH day. We are trying to decide if we should go to the EMH. I tried this one time and it was busy. Was that an off day?

DizneyRox
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
What I saw of a MK EMH evening edition was pure chaos! The first two hours were almost unmanageable. The last hour was cool though. 2am tends to clear out a crowd pretty well!

sneadhead
06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
We were just there a week ago. We went to EMH twice at Magic Kingdom (one until 3 am and one until 2 am). The later it gets, the better it got. With the exception of Space Mountain, we were walking on everything the last 1 1/2 hours. I would never pass on evening EMH at MK.

eeyorepoohfan
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
:mickey:I think it can depend on the time of year you go. We went December 10-15th, 2009 and utilized nearly all of the EMH! EPCOT evening EMH allowed us to ride nearly all of the attractions in those 3 hours! :thumbsup: Magic Kingdom hours we weren't quite as successful, but accomplished quite a few of our favorites! We went to morning EMH at Animal Kingdom and rode Expedition Everest about 4-5 times, grabbed a fast pass for it, then rode Dinosaur 2-3 times all in the one hour before opening! The only park we weren't able to get to the EMH was Hollywood Studios, so I can't comment there. It sounds like some of the busyier times of year that the EMH are still crowded, but at slower times of the year they can be fantastic! Just my :twocents:

gerald72
06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
If you plan on staying the entire three hours, then go.
If you are only going to stay for an hour or so, then you would have been better off going to a different park that day.

KylesMom
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I think it can depend on the time of year you go. I totally agree with this logic. We tour during summertime, and evening EMH have been total chaos since everyone is trying to avoid the heat during the day & return to the parks at night. Even staying 2+ hours after the parks close, it's no fun when the parks are so jammed & you can't even navigate through them due to the crowds . . . .

MichaelMouse
06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
EMH at the MK are a MUST. It was less crowded years ago when they use to charge $10.00 for the night but all rides except Space Mountain are less then 5 minutes to get on .

A big mistake to pass up. You even get on Peter Pan in 5 minutes.

:mickey::mickey:

Plex
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Late night EMH at MK is definitely my favorite time at WDW! It's a bit busy at the beginning of the EMH, but as the night grinds on all of the kiddos head for the exits along with all of the people planning an early morning. By 12:30 or so the majority of the park clears out and you'll have virtually no wait time on any rides. If you can brave the lower temperatures, Splash Mountain is awesome experience at this time of night! You get fantastic views of the park at night, coupled with little to no lines makes for an amazing night! Catch this at the right time and you can ride over and over without getting out of your car!

Of course, there's also something really extra magical about a quiet MK at night :mickey:

KylesMom
06-14-2010, 11:08 PM
EMH at the MK are a MUST. It was less crowded years ago when they use to charge $10.00 for the night but all rides except Space Mountain are less then 5 minutes to get on .

A big mistake to pass up. You even get on Peter Pan in 5 minutes.

I'm curious to know what time of year you speak of. The O/P didn't mention what time of year she was going, but I assure you that wait times for Space Mountain and Peter Pan are assuredly not five minutes during evening EMH in the summertime - at least until late in the evening (or early in the morning, depending upon your perspective). I would hate to mislead someone who's soon going to Disney and thinks that there will be no extended wait times during evening EMH at MK . . especially if they have five kids in tow! If we're talking about the off season, then I can understand the "Peter Pan in 5 minutes" quote. But not if we're talking about the remainder of June, July or beginning of August.

WDWdreamer87
06-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Actually, MK EMH seem to be less crowded. I work in Fantasyland, and last night by 1 AM NO ONE was around. It seemed really quiet for a summer night.

DizneyRox
06-15-2010, 07:28 AM
There's no mountain in Fantasyland!

crltkcagle
06-15-2010, 10:40 AM
:thumbsup:My thoughts exactly.

We were just there a week ago. We went to EMH twice at Magic Kingdom (one until 3 am and one until 2 am). The later it gets, the better it got. With the exception of Space Mountain, we were walking on everything the last 1 1/2 hours. I would never pass on evening EMH at MK.

MOJoe
06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Evening EMH at MK is more of a gamble than the sure thing it used to be.

I've done it several times, and like some have said, 5 minute waits were not uncommon - especially the last hour or so. However, the last time i went, the second week of June 09, it was sheer madness. Well after midnight the crowds were as large as during the peak of mid-day. The line for SM was 50 yards out the door. Buzz was over 30 minutes. Big Thunder broke down while we were in line, so we were given fastpasses for "any attraction." However, no CM,s would accept them because the lines were so backed up! :mad: So, with the park still packed, we left, sometime after 1 am.

Having MK virtually to ourselves at 2 am has been one of my family's best Disney experiences. So my advice is to go ahead and try. Because it is totally worth staying up for, if the crowds are not bad. But if it seems like 75,000 people have had the same idea that day, forget about it, and head back to your resort.