PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Cruise Question

wilcat
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM
My DH and I will be taking our first time ever cruise in about a month. :sail: We are heading to Alaska for a 7 night cruise out of Seattle via Carnival. A thought occured to me that I have our passports but do I need to have a pouch or wallet of some kind to put them in? I know someone out there will have the answer, you always do.:thumbsup:

Dznygrl79
06-11-2010, 07:07 PM
From my experiance you don't have too have one, but it sure helps. It protects them and makes them easier to keep track of at times, I purchased one from the local aaa store that had a hidden money compartment, neck strap, and other little compartments.

NJGIRL
06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Walmart has them too!!!!

NewDVCowner
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I actually just got back from that exact cruise - well, on Holand America, but same route. We needed our passports to get on the boat, but after that nobody ever looked at them. You don't need them when you get off in Alaska, and honestly customs and immigration didn't even glance at them when we got off, and on, the boat in Victoria or when we got off in Seattle. So, basically what I'm saying is that you don't really need to carry your passport around. Certainly bring it with you off the ship in Victoria just in case, but otherwise you can just leave it in your room safe.