PDA

View Full Version : Do you have "that moment"?

LauraByTheSea
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Like I am having right now... You've planned your trip, made all the arrangements, know you're going, but them it hits you - I'm going to Disney World! I'm having it right now. Not getting much work done because of it! We were there in April for a day and will be there in September for a week too, but knowing we're going next weekend! AHH! And we'll arrive to MK later in the day so we'll have to take the tram in from the parking lot (very important to me, all part of the arrival experience) then the monorail, then, then, then... I feel lile a little kid! I can't wait!

Anyone else get that feeling?? That moment when it hits you?

Ms. Mode
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm jealous! I wish I lived close enough to go for a day...weekend....whenever! :thumbsup:

Hope you have a nice mini trip!

Gibbs
06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm also having that moment right now. I was on my way to work thinking about the events from last night. My wife was having a stressfull day. We went for a walk and were talking about how much Disney has been a part of our lives. She had mentioned on a couple different occasions that she could really use a trip to Disney, but no just a day trip, but an actual vacation. Then I began to fomulate a plan to get the money together, what days to go. By the time I completed my morning commute, I had the entire vacation planned in my mind. I called her to let her know, and it turned her mood right around. Thats when it hit me, we are going for an extended vacation to Disney:cloud9::)

crltkcagle
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes all the time! However we just got back 8 days ago and are having that I wanna go back really bad moment!

vicster
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I have that moment all the time. Someone from Florida once told me that there's more to Florida than Disney World. Apparently she didn't know what she was talking about. LOL

#1donaldfan
06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
...yep, we too have those moments....right now being less than 10 days out is hard to take...but it's soon !! YEAH !!:cool:

slegrant
06-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I am having that moment right now. I have booked our trip and made dining reservations for our upcoming trip July 1st through July 11th at Fort Wilderness Cabins. It's all I can think about right now. My wife and three boys are so excited :mickey:

PopPhan
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I get kind of an opposite feeling -- The trip is all planned, paid for, ADRs made, etc....THEN I get the feeling like 'is this trip going to live up to the last one?' 'Isn't it getting "old" yet?

BUT, once the first day of the vacation comes, I'm ready!!

ransam
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
i get that moment all the time....
the two i remember the most was in 2007 my friend and i booked our vacation, literally 2 weeks before we went. did it in my office on the speaker phone. ha. and when he left it hit me...wow, in 2 weeks i'll be on a plane headed to disney.
the other moment i had was actaully in Orlando. I hadn't been to Disney in 8 years or so. My family use to go all the time and as a kid i loved it, but this would be my first trip as an adult. I planned it all, and went w/ my brother and gf. We got to orlando and got our rental car. We paid extra and had a convertable. So it was about 10 30, my gf was driving and brother in front seat. I was laying down in the back, with the roof down, and as we were going down the highway, i saw all these billboards w/ all the places I had read about and thought about going...I was smiling thinking that w/ all the planning and hours of anticipating, the dice was cast and i was here. had money and tickets in my wallet. and tomorrow morning i would be going to the happiest place on earth....

E-OR
06-10-2010, 01:51 PM
With three months a couple days to go I'm struggling to get through each day. It has rained every day for months in the great Pacific NW and work just drags. I have paid our vacation off and have started putting things together to take...sun tan lotion, $ store items, etc... Check the boards out every day and go over our ADR's often. I have not had the moment yet but I know it will come.

clausjo
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Yep! Having that moment right now - I leave on Saturday morning for a quick 3 day trip. I'm so happy. There are terrible lay offs going on at my company and when I come back, I have a meeting with my "big boss", whom I've never met before. We know he's sizing us up to see who should stay and who should go - so I can REALLY use the nice time at Disney to forget about all of that! Can't wait!!!

Dickson Thunder
06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
We're leaving in 37 days and it's beginning to hit right now. About 7 Days out we will be on full go for Disney!

:cool:

IloveDisney71
06-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Yep - I'm having it right now. I'm listening to live365 and visiting intercot and it just hit me that I'm going to Disney in 9 days!!! :mickey:
We decided about a week and a half ago to take a spur of the moment trip so we could see the Main St Electrical Parade. My DH is playing along - he knows what a Disney fanatic I am and is going with me as an early birthday present. My two grown DD's are also going - 20 and 21. I'm so excited. I usually spend MONTHS planning the perfect trip to Disney. I've never just decided to go to Disney for a day! We are only going for a day but it will be FUN!!!

TheRustyScupper
06-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Do you have "that moment"?

1) Yup.
2) Just about everytime the wife enters the room.
3) And, that is after 25-years of marriage.

sainter
06-11-2010, 01:04 AM
1) Yup.

That is about the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Um, read. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
06-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm starting to get that feeling now. I believe I have finally tweaked all my ADR's. Everything has been well timed-out: Time for breakfast, lunch, dinner, naps, pool time, animal watching at AKL, and sleep. I'm getting so happy just thinking about all this. I'm going with a good friend who hasn't been to WDW for 20 years!!! It'll be like a whole new place for her. Sharing something that means so much to me feels great.

kemps@wdw
06-13-2010, 12:20 AM
I always have the "I REALLY wanna go" moments. But now that we're ready to book for October, I'm having the "let's get this show on the road" moments!

madi47
06-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Have that moment all the time....we leave in 58 days and are staying at the BCV and I can't wait...it is all I think about!:mickey:

minnie-mouse
06-13-2010, 07:45 AM
I love that feeling - the excitement of planning is one of my favorite parts, then to finally be there and see it come to fruition is truly amazing. Have a magical trip!

akaDisneyDreamer
06-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Having that moment on a daily basis! I paid off our trip just 3 three days ago and there is now nothing to do but wait! It's planned, ADR's are made, we've planned out our daily activities ... and we are just giddy with excitement! We're going to Disney!

59 days and counting!

Daisy'sMom
06-13-2010, 11:56 AM
1) Yup.

Do you have any brothers?
Only kidding, DH still makes my sun shine.:mickey:

AdventurerKim
06-13-2010, 11:59 AM
We constantly have that moment! We talk about WDW all the time--rides, restaurtants, and are always planning future trips that we can fit in even when we already have a trip planned. It's when we have a long wait until a trip, like now we won't go again until Thanksgiving, that we long for WDW!:cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
06-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Usually when I have finished buying the plane tickets is when it "hits" me. That's the moment that tells me, "You're going!!" :mickey:

bringbackhorizons
06-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Well we're not going until 2012 but our next trip will be our first since 2007, and our first as parents so I'm getting "that feeling" all th time latley.

Minniemo
06-13-2010, 08:17 PM
We are going in just over a month. I'm more excited than the kids. We are bringing DD's friend and it's technically her first time there (she was three when she went and doesn't remember much). I think I am more excited for her than for me. Nothing like seeing the "first time" through someone else's eyes!!!:mickey:

Brooklynos
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I have that feeling as soon as I book!!! I have booked, have all my ADR's done and now working on paying off the trip. We just went in March but with our teenage brother and sister (just the four of us, them, DH and myself) but did so much to make sure they got a great trip we didn't get our "usual" things in. As soon as we got back we were ready and just booked a couple weeks ago after getting a pin. PLUS.... I am surprising my husband with a hotel change. Our favorite POFQ was full so I booked AKL but DH assumes we are staying POFQ. I'm not going to tell him until we are driving under the arch!!!!! So, YES, I have that feeling and it should carry me until November!!!

DisneyKim22
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh my gosh, yes! We're not going to be there for another 159 days, but I spend part of every single day planning or day dreaming about the trip. On my work from home days, I have Live365 going in the background. Every day I am so excited to see the clock tick down one more day!

micky95
06-16-2010, 07:24 AM
everyday!!!!my dw & i are getting ap again and that will make it even more up front in our minds that in 5.5 hours we could be at disney world.we take short trips to savannah,ga & tenn. & we always windup making plans for our disney trip.still counting down to nov2010!!

Rosemickey68
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I get "that moment" feeling when I listen to certain songs, when I start planning the next WDW vacation, when I make the reservations, when I make ADR's and get all of the ones I wanted!, when I see the WDW commercials, when I see the castle at the beginning of any disney movie, when I talk about Disney. But most of all when the plane lands in Orlando!

4disneynuts
06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
So glad to hear that we are not the only ones who think about the World all the time. Sometimes it is the only thing that gets me throught the day. December seems so far away but that is part of the fun is the anticipation.:minnie:

Disney Day Dreamer
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Whenever I have that moment, which has been pretty frequently, other people definitely can tell... because generally I scream so loudly and at such a high pitch I'm suprised it doesn't set off the burglar alarm. That's usually followed by giggling, jumping up and down and talking nonstop about Disney until we actually get there. And I'm not ashamed to admit it! :mickey:

LauraByTheSea
09-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok, having that moment again! Been sifting/sorting/packing all day and AHHHH! One more week! LOVE having that moment. Think I'll check my phone for ride times now... :yay:

dixielandings
09-14-2010, 12:04 AM
I will have many moments like during the months leading up to a Trip! Periodically, either me or my DH will just go "OH - I'm so ready" or "..x..number of days/weeks" and we will know what each other is talking about! I'm so thankful (and a little humbled) that we have the opportunity to go as often as we do AND that we still love it so much!

BTW - our countdown is 40 days...C'MON, October!!

Darbylew
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM
I knoe the feeling. We are leaving in 22 days!
Can''t wait to get back in the land of Mickey and
the Magic!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
1) Yup.

:heart: aaaawww how sweet

kemps@wdw
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I have that "moment" on a regular basis. Like...RIGHT NOW!!! Realizing we're only a few weeks away from heading down to our WDW home, doing all the last minute checks for flights, resort, tours, and dining ressies, and as always, wondering if I missed anything. Then, when we got our airline tickets and ME tags in the mail, it REALLY hit me! And I am SOOOOOO ready to go! :high5:

Stu29573
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
We are 63 days out. The "feeling" comes and goes. I think because I'm really overwhemed right now, it probably won't really hit me until the week of...then it will be magic in high gear!

GBBT
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
65 days here!:thumbsup: We've been saying since we booked in January,"Can't wait to get there!" :cloud9:coming soon.

Figment104
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I actually had that moment just last night! The last couple of trips we've gone on things at work have been super stressful right before we've left, actually to the point of wondering if the trip is gonna happen. This time things have all fallen into place nicely and it's just always been at the back of my mind that we're going. Then last night I was sitting on the couch making a list of what needed to be done before we left and it hit me that in two days we'd be on our way!!! :cloud9: Needless to say I got a little excited :blush: :mickey:

TikiLounger
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I just had one of those moments! I was checking the weather for my area...to see if Igor was coming close in the near future, and I decided to check the weather in Disney World. Then? I realized that, in a few days, our arrival day will be included in the 10 day forecast! Yea! We're really going!

Tinkerbella16
09-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Once my trip is booked I am that way everyday up until the day we leave for wdw!!! Its such a great feeling, knowing that you will be there soon.. even having a trip booked a year in advance is kind of the same way... I have security that I am going to WDW!! :mickey:

grumpyguy
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
yup,been having those moments all week so far as WE ARRIVE THIS FRIDAY MORNING AAGGHHH!!!oops,sorry.just had another moment:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
yup,been having those moments all week so far as WE ARRIVE THIS FRIDAY MORNING AAGGHHH!!!oops,sorry.just had another moment:thumbsup:

YOu are so lucky... I'm jealouss!!! Have a wonderful and magical trip to the world!! :mickey: