PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

Ms. Mode
06-10-2010, 07:11 AM
I have an application for the Disney Visa and I don't understand how this works. In the application they tell you what all you don't get points for when you use it...like just about any purchase at the Disney store.

Also, I read on Intercot how people apply the points. I would like to know how that works too.

Can anyone explain this system to me? Please.

jonsmom
06-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I have been a cardmember since day 1.

For every $100 dollars you spend, you get 1 Disney Reward dollar.

Just prior to going to WDW, I request my rewards, they come to you on card. Similar to a credit card and when you make purchases, the purchases are debited from the card.

It comes in handy when you pay for a vacation package. You get 6 months free interst.

retiredfigment
06-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Agree with previous poster. I use my card for EVERYTHING and pay it off at end of the month. Last trip I put all our purchases and TS tips on my room and then the night before I left paid for it all with my points. Still had points left.

AllDisney
06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Ditto on the remark made by jonsmom. We order our card about 3 months before our scheduled trip so that it will arrive in time.

Once the card comes I apply it to the balance due and then charge the remaining balance (future rewards :number1:) . Last time we went we had $350.00 reward dollars. That came right off the top. It's like an instant credit to the cost of our trip. Great benefits for anyone that goes to WDW on a regular basis.

IloveDisney71
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I also have a Disney Visa. We use it for EVERYTHING. We pay a lot of our monthly bills with it: phone, electric, tv/dish, gas, etc.
You get 1 point for every $100 you spend on anything. I've never seen restrictions on any purchase. I just checked my bill and I had 1 point for every 100 I spent this past month. You could always call them for clarification.
We make sure we pay it off every month though because it has a pretty high interest rate.
Every so often they offer 3x or 5x bonus points on things like gas, groceries, restaurants if you spend a certain amount so it can add up quickly.

Genie1953
06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
We had $422 in Disney Reward Dollars for our trip in April. We used them to take care of our tips for our meals and also paid for a good amount of our souveniers.

DisneyLuver91
06-11-2010, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=jonsmom;2064960]
Just prior to going to WDW, I request my rewards, they come to you on card. Similar to a credit card and when you make purchases, the purchases are debited from the card. [QUOTE]

You can also redeem it at the parks and resorts, so if you spend a few hundred more on travel expenses, you get more reward dollars to spend there! :thumbsup: