PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - thanksgiving week decision

sbwillie
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Simply put, want to go the less crowded day. The choice is either all day Wednesday, day before thanksgiving at DHS, (and there is an evening Morning Magic Hour at AK) or go to DHS all thanksgiving day (with morning magic hour at MK). I keep hearing that an EMH means more crowded at the park with EMH, and less crowded at the parks w/o EMH. Maybe especially if EMH at MK?? Didn't know how crowded Thanksgiving day is at DHS. Plus Fantasmic on Thanksgiving day.

Thanks for your thoughts!

acts
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
All holidays at Disney, whether on the day, or around the day, are very, very crowded. Isn't there a parade live from the MK on Thanksgiving Thu? or is that at Christmas?

Anyway, I would suggest the day before but I am thinking that that both will be euqally as crowded. However, if there is a parade, then Thu would be really crowded at MK. Hope that helps.

5togetherWDW
06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Your question is only about which day to do DHS, right? "The choice is either all day Wednesday, day before thanksgiving at DHS . . . or go to DHS all thanksgiving day"
I'm not sure if you are going to another park on the other day, or if you are simply planning your DHS day.
We often spend Thanksgiving at WDW. Magic Kingdom on Turkey day is super busy. My guess is they made sure to have Fantasmic on Thanksgiving day to try to draw some of the crowds from MK.
If you are doing just a one day plan - and won't be in the parks the other day - then the Wednesday before will surely be less crowded. Fantasmic brings crowds and many schools do not start their time off until Turkey day -- the major crowds come for the weekend on Thursday (not Weds.)
If you are looking at both days as park days, then either will work. Thursday will have greater crowds at all the parks -- heaviest at MK.

sbwillie
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Yhanks all,

Given that Tksgvg sounds enuf more crowded than Wednesday, I'd rather go Wednesday. DW likes Fantasmic - that we didn't get to see last trip 2yrs ago - so that may overrule commen sen... uh, I mean that would be great!

I was hoping the emw at MK would draw enug away from DHS on Thksgvg, but sounds like turkey day crowded no matter what.

Wish they still did Fantasmic everynite.