PDA

View Full Version : Backpack

birdsell
06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
We are bringing our 2 year old to the MK and are wanting to use a bookbag/backpack for a diaper bag. Can we put it between our legs or next to us on the seat on most rides, especially rides that he can go on? (not the Mountains) Do the cast members make us leave it off the rides?

disneymom15
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes, you can take it with you.

DDuck66
06-09-2010, 06:26 PM
My DW always takes a backpack. You can put it betwwen your legs or a lot of the rides have a compartment to put it in.

eeyorepoohfan
06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
:thumbsup:We always use a Camelbak on our trips. It's a little smaller than a backback. We take it on every ride, including Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc. If it's a more intense ride, we will stick a leg through one of the arm straps to keep it with us better. Just make sure that all compartments are zipped up before the ride starts and you should be good to go! :thumbsup:Have fun!:mickey:

cer
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I regularly take a full size backpack. You will be fine on the rides, even the mountains.

...I concur with sticking a leg through an arm strap...

ANG
06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Yep we've brought a backpack before

finaldynasty
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Yes, we bring our JanSport every year and would not travel without it. Have a great trip!

:mickey:

diz_girl
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
If it's a more intense ride, we will stick a leg through one of the arm straps to keep it with us better. Just make sure that all compartments are zipped up before the ride starts and you should be good to go!

We always do that too. It's always good to be on the safe side. Also, you may want to put your sunglasses and camera in the backpack and not in your pocket on the thrill rides. My Dad had his sunglasses fly out of his pocket on BTMRR years ago. Luckily they were picked up at the end of the day by a cast member and my Dad got them back.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2010, 09:18 PM
If you are going to bring a back pack make sure it has thicker straps rather than the sting type straps. Those dig into your shoulders by the end of the day. I bought a Disney one a couple of years ago and it's great. It has an outside zipper section as well as the main draw string closed one.

rpayton
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Just make sure everything is accessible when you get to the gate of the park you are attending. They will search your bag and the more pockets the longer it will take them to search it. We always bring one that has a pouch to put our bottled water in.