PDA

View Full Version : LOTS of Universal questions

Goofy Pluto
06-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi all.

I have a few questions about Universal.

1. Is there a place you can see minimum ride heights ahead of time?

2. Do they have child swap like WDW has?

3. Anyone ever tried their eat all day meal option? Opinions?

4. Does the Mummy ride have inversions? (loops or spirals)

5. How's the Rock It (etc) roller coaster for coaster weenies?

6. Anyone ever eaten at Gump's? How is it? I'm a BIG Forrest Gump fan and would love to try it but don't want to waste the time if it's not worth it. (They have one there at City Walk, right?)

7. Any place to see Universal City Walk menus?

8. Is the Lost Continent completely gone now that WWoHP is there? Or is Posieden's Fury and the Sinbad show still there?

9. Is their "fastpass" system worth the extra cost?

10. How much is it to park? If you leave, can you get back in with a receipt or something? Is there a certain time that if you arrive later than you don't have to pay for parking? (I seem to remember getting there late one time and not having to pay to park back in 2001.)

Those are all the questions I have for now. I'll post more as I think of them.

BowTie7
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
1. Is there a place you can see minimum ride heights ahead of time?

google "universal studios florida height requirements"

2. Do they have child swap like WDW has?

Yes

3. Anyone ever tried their eat all day meal option? Opinions?

Yes, only a good value if eat both lunch and dinner and snack with the single park version. Does not include drink. (there is a refillable cup option that is a good value) I didn't find the quality of the food very good and it was mostly limited to standard amusement park fare,

4. Does the Mummy ride have inversions? (loops or spirals)

No. (but--spoiler--it does go backwards at one point and has great fire effects)

5. How's the Rock It (etc) roller coaster for coaster weenies?

The loop doesn't turn you upside down, but some will find the vertical lift at the start uncomfortable.

6. Anyone ever eaten at Gump's? How is it? I'm a BIG Forrest Gump fan and would love to try it but don't want to waste the time if it's not worth it. (They have one there at City Walk, right?)

Sorry. no help

7. Any place to see Universal City Walk menus?

google "universal studios menus allears net"

8. Is the Lost Continent completely gone now that WWoHP is there? Or is Posieden's Fury and the Sinbad show still there?

Still there

9. Is their "fastpass" system worth the extra cost?

really depends on crowds--check probably won't include Harry Potter ride.

10. How much is it to park? If you leave, can you get back in with a receipt or something? Is there a certain time that if you arrive later than you don't have to pay for parking? (I seem to remember getting there late one time and not having to pay to park back in 2001.)

$14--can re-enter. $3 after 6pm

Goofy Pluto
06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks so much! If anyone else has any input, I'd appreciate it.

Lodger
06-16-2010, 06:19 PM
If you're a fan of Forrest Gump then it would certainly be worth your time to visit Bubba Gump's. The walls are adorned with images from the film and the waiters/waitresses grill the diners about FG trivia. The food is fine. The menu is heavy with burgers and pulled-pork sandwiches, etc. I enjoyed my two visits.

clm10308
06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I just returned from a trip to Universal. We did not get the Meal Deal. The only way it is a value is to eat 3+ meals in the park each day. There are a limited number of locations in each park (like 3) where the Meal Deal is honored adn choices are limited. I was behind someone in line who wanted to exchange a side salad for the french fries with her meal, but couldn't do that and was going to be charged extra for the salad.
On the other hand, if I had teenage boys who eat constantly, it would be a great deal.

We stayed onsite so we didn't have to pay for the Express Pass. But for most rides we had a very short wait in the Express line if there was any wait at all.

hokies4life
06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
We went to Universal twice this past year and both times spent half a day in each park. And sometimes switched back and forth between the two. Get there at opening and try to do the popular rides first and you probably won't miss not having the Express Pass. I know we didn't.

We got the refillable cup for drinks during the day and shared it. We could share meals most of the time too, so we never tried the meal deal thing. It would have been a waste of money for us.

Oh and we did our best to do Universal with no bags when we could. Because unless you have someone to wait and hold things while you ride then the lockers to hold your things on rides that don't allow bags are expensive.

Have fun!

BowTie7
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Refillable cup is a good value, refills were inexpensive, and you can use the same cup for the entire trip.

Note--small lockers are free for the rides that do not allow any carry-on items. The free time is based on how long the ride line is. I really don't remember how big these were--but should hold a small purse or fanny-pack and a few refill bottles (though I remember they didn't fit upright, so finish you drink first) (also write down the locker number--after using them several times, they all look the same)