PDA

View Full Version : Too many choices???!!!

momef3grls
06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Ok so my DD left our last day of dining up to me. We are on the dining plan and will have 2TS left. I would like to eat someplace different and she threw out these possible options where she would like to go. Just to quickly add this is a trip to celebrate her sweet 16. These are the TS we already have planned... Le Cellier and Teppan Edo.
Options are:
Jiko
Boma
Narcoosees
Mama Melrose
Tutto Italia
or any other favorites you may recommend. I tried to get her to try Kouzzina but that was a no go. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

faline
06-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Narcosee's is very nice! Ate there about a month ago and enjoyed it very much!

Tygger7
06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
We tried Artist Point and Yachtsman Steak House for the first time and both were excellent. We have eaten at Le Celier before and there is NO comparison to the Yachtsman. Without a doubt, the best steak I've ever eaten. If she's not fond of "exotic" foods, Jiko may not be the best option.

momef3grls
06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
She is willing to try the exotic. We eat at some varying places here at home and she will try everything from sushi to spicy indian.

SBETigg
06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Narcoossee's is one of my favorites. I recommend it. If you're looking for a really special meal, I would choose that one. Jiko is good, too, but it isn't as much a favorite for us as Narcoossee's is. Mama Melrose and Tutto Italia just don't compare to the others on your list, for me.

Jared
06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Jiko is one of my favorite restaurants on property and definitely worth the trip. Animal Kingdom Lodge is breathtaking, so I don't need an excuse to visit. A meal at Jiko (or Boma, actually) is an incredible bonus.

HackLaSalle
06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
While it's not on your list let me give my unsocilited opinion:

Fulton's Crab House

It's not on the DDP so that may be an issue but it has in my opinion some of the best atmosphere of any restaurant on property and the food is fantastic and creative. I'm a big seafood lover so this was perfect for me.

If you want to make it a really sweet 16 why don't you try one of the resorts where she can check out the fireworks during or after the meal.

(I couldn't comment on any of the suggestions you left cause I have not eaten there yet)

akaDisneyDreamer
06-09-2010, 07:10 PM
We loved Tutto Italia! We are for sure eating there again this trip! Very good Italian food!

crltkcagle
06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Teppan Edo in Epcot is really good too. Have you tried Le Cellier?

Fastpasssteve
06-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Since you have two TS credits left, I would totally go for Jiko. I really love this place (as well as Boma)...and for this reason, we're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge this October. I love the whole place. It is a special restaurant with great food. They are also very likely to do something special for her sweet 16 birthday...especially at dessert. It is off the beaten path and not so obviously 'Disney'. This might make her feel more grown up...like a young lady.

Plus, the food is wonderful and the adults can get a glass (or bottle) of wine from South Africa. Yum!

The servers are also very warm and inviting. This would be a great way to end a vacation.

Have a great time.

diz_girl
06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Another vote for Narcoossee's. The food is great and the atmosphere is very nice. Try to book sometime around Wishes and you'll be able to see the fireworks. You can see the fireworks from most tables, but a lot of people go out on the porch to look at them.

renecat
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Another vote for Narcoossee's. The food is great and the atmosphere is very nice. Try to book sometime around Wishes and you'll be able to see the fireworks. You can see the fireworks from most tables, but a lot of people go out on the porch to look at them.

Couldn't agree more this is a must do for us every trip. Love to walk out on the deck and watch & hear wishes.

Going2HeavenRU
06-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Try Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom. The atomosphere is wonderful and the food (especially the ribs) are awsome! It is only one TS.

I also second Teppan Edo at Japan. Great atmosphere and fantastic food.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Not sure by the original post if you have 2 TS per person left or 2 TS total. This would affect the suggestions of Narcoossees, Artist Point and Yachtsman Steak House since these locations take 2 TS each.

To go off the board so to speak, I like Biergarten.

Bellerella
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Tutto Italia is a wonderful choice!! Another favorite of ours is Nine Dragons. Basically I don't think you can go wrong at EPCOT!! This year we are also trying Chefs de France, and are pretty excited for that! :eat: