PDA

View Full Version : AKL club level worth it??

AirlineGuy07
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Next May we are thinking about booking a club level room at AKL. Has anyone stayed there and do you think it would be worth it?? Thanks!

MW1218
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I stayed here last February with my then-fiancee and our two friends. My only regret was being able to afford just one night, and a very hectic one at that. We had to first transfer from another resort, and once we got into our AKL room, at about 3 PM, we had to get ready to go to church, since it was Saturday, and we had plans for the Sunrise Safari the next morning.

Because of church, we didn't get back to the resort until after 6:30, at which time we had missed the included dinner-ish items available in the concierge lounge. We did, however, take advantage of the lounge after a swim for the evening dessert and liqueurs, which was lovely. You also get a great view of the entire lobby from up there, which looks great.

You're also allowed to book the Sunrise Safari if you stay Concierge Level, which was great. You have to get up early, but it allows you to get a behind-the-scenes look at the Animal Kingdom operations, and a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris that stops whenever you wish, so that you can take as many pictures as you like. Plus, a delicious breakfast buffet at Pizzafari.

I would recommend staying there provided that you make it your ONE resort for the trip, and are able to take advantage of all of the food offerings and safari. Otherwise, you'd be just as good in a standard savanna view room.

TammiMcMan
06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
"Worth" is very subjective, but I would say that at the AKL in particular, it's pretty easy to justify the extra cost.

Club level is really not that much more a night over a standard savannah view room. Paying that little extra, gives you access to a personalized pre-planner (great if you need help with anything special for your anniversary) as well as the option to book the sunrise safari and the lounge access. The only inconvenience, is that the lounge is up on the 6th floor and your room would be on the 4th.

MonoMan
06-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Do all club level rooms have a savannah view?

TammiMcMan
06-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Do all club level rooms have a savannah view?There's a 99.9% chance that your standard club level room would have a savannah view. The DVC club level views can vary.