PDA

View Full Version : Need advice--electric razor/shaver

magicofdisney
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
My husband has requested a new electric razor/shaver for Father's Day. He travels a lot for work and he needs something that will give him a clean, close shave. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to say price isn't an issue, but I have really have no idea what to look for specifically. He says his problem area with electric razors is the chin and neck.

Please help. :)

DizneyRox
06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I've found you get what you pay for with electric razors.

I would say spend as much as you can, using something like Amazon reviews as a reference has been helpful in the past.

The problem with shavers is they are very personal, and you can't really try before you buy.

garymacd
06-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I have been using Philips shavers for many years and have always had good success with them. My current shaver, I think, is obsolete now. It is the HQ9170/16, but many of the new 8200 series offer the same benefits and their new Arcitec series offer great shaving even on the neck and just looks cool!

Don't worry about having to take the cleaning system on the road. it can be charged and used with the electric cord. Check out the Philips website for more information

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I have been using Remington razors for about 25 years, preferring ones that you can charge or use plugged in. I have one with three rotary heads which work well on the chin and neck areas.