PDA

View Full Version : Information from BLT member tour

laprana
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I attended the member tour that DVC has been offering at BLT on May 26. It was basically a sales pitch to add on points, which I expected, but they also showed a video of the new Dream cruise ship and talked a tiny bit about the new Aulani resort, which was nice.

What I thought was interesting was a couple of things the "host" CM said. He said that "DVC will experience unprecedented (he put a lot of empahsis on that word) growth over the next 5 years." He didn't say what kind of growth it would be, such as at WDW, DL, the international parks, etc. He also said that DVC is listening to its members more than ever and he encouraged everyone at the tour to contact DVC if they have concerns about anything, or if there's something they would like to see added or changed, or something new started, offered, or provided. If that really is the case, I'm contacting DVC and asking them to build a DVC resort at the Poly! :D

I'm not sure if the guy was just blowing smoke and trying to build some hype to make a sale, or if what he said was legitimate, but I thought I'd pass the info along to my fellow intercotees. :thumbsup:

DVC2004
06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I believe they are opening a DVC preview center in Japan (for Hawaii)- and of course there is Hawaii which we all know. In the past they have been kicking around the idea of a destination resort in Las Vegas or Cabo...

I would be surprised though of much more since there are so many properties for sale that have not sold out yet (SSR, BLT, AKV) plus all the points from they are sitting on from sold-ou properties...