PDA

View Full Version : wilderness lodge to magic kingdom

mludman
06-09-2010, 08:42 AM
what is the quickest way to get to the magic kingdom from the wildeness lodge?

KylesMom
06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Some will say the boat, and others will say the bus. It really depends on if the bus is "sharing" with Fort Wilderness and/or GF.

While I can't comment on the bus situation since we've never taken it, we love the quick & easy transport of the boat launch. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
06-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Some will say the boat, and others will say the bus. It really depends on if the bus is "sharing" with Fort Wilderness and/or GF.

While I can't comment on the bus situation since we've never taken it, we love the quick & easy transport of the boat launch. :mickey:

I think the boat would be a cool way to get there :thumbsup:

Tygger7
06-09-2010, 09:11 AM
For a guaranteed, direct trip to MK, take the boat. Often the bus will stop at Ft. Wilderness and/or the Grand Floridian. Plus, the boat is the most relaxing way, IMHO. :mickey: It's one of the main reasons we love staying at WL.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree - take the boat.

We once waited FOREVER for the MK bus to come to WL. I think it was the longest wait we've ever had for a Disney bus.

The boat is more direct, and more fun :thumbsup:

retiredfigment
06-09-2010, 09:14 AM
When we stay at WL we always take the boat to MK. Also, once at MK we often jumped on the monorail to Epcot.

Scar
06-09-2010, 09:55 AM
The quickest way would be taxi. I don't think it will take you all the way but pretty close, past The Contemporary at least.

The next quickest would be to run, it's a little less than a mile. ;)

Jeniflower
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
The Boat would be my favourite. Sometimes the bus may be faster but not quite such a lovely journey.

:mickey:

mludman
06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
how about getting to epcot from wilderness lodge? driving vs. boat to monorail?

KylesMom
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM

This is more of a personal preference on whether or not you like to drive to the parks.

You could take the boat launch to MK OR The Contemporary, hop on the monorail to the TTC, and then change monorails to get to Epcot. Or you could hop in the car and be in the Epcot parking lot in ten to fifteen minutes.

We prefer to drive, but that's just us.

finaldynasty
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
For a guaranteed, direct trip to MK, take the boat. Often the bus will stop at Ft. Wilderness and/or the Grand Floridian. Plus, the boat is the most relaxing way, IMHO. :mickey: It's one of the main reasons we love staying at WL.

I agree...take the bird in the hand and the sure thing!

finaldynasty
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
This is more of a personal preference on whether or not you like to drive to the parks.

You could take the boat launch to MK OR The Contemporary, hop on the monorail to the TTC, and then change monorails to get to Epcot. Or you could hop in the car and be in the Epcot parking lot in ten to fifteen minutes.

We prefer to drive, but that's just us.

We enjoyed the boat then monorail just because it is more interesting then just hopping on a bus. Plus it won't take much longer.

crltkcagle
06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
We always eat at WCC on one of our MK days and we always take the boat. Its a really quick trip and its nice to see the front of MK from the water.

Fastpasssteve
06-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Boat - seriously.

SBETigg
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Why would anyone ever take a bus from the GF to the MK? That's ridiculous. I've never seen a bus to the MK even stop at the GF. Are you sure the MK bus from the WL even ever makes a GF stop? I know they share on other routes, but the MK? Really?

VWL Mom
06-10-2010, 07:52 AM
It may have to do with time of year but when we travel the first week of November the bus is nonstop back and forth and the boat stops at FW during the day (on the return trip).

finaldynasty
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Why would anyone ever take a bus from the GF to the MK? That's ridiculous. I've never seen a bus to the MK even stop at the GF. Are you sure the MK bus from the WL even ever makes a GF stop? I know they share on other routes, but the MK? Really?

When my family stayed at WL in 2008 we often stopped at the GF going to DHS and AK. I don't remember stopping on our way to Epcot. We always rode the boat to MK, but I would imagine GF folks would ride the monorial.

DisneyDoug2
06-11-2010, 09:28 AM
The boat is the best way, nice and relaxing.

CU Tiger
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
It depends how fast you can swim. You may be able to beat both the boat and the bus. Just kidding.:D
The boat is the best way.

LudwigVonDrake
06-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I will be on the boat in 25 days :thumbsup: