PDA

View Full Version : Summer Nightastic

Wadeace
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone,

Over the weekend I met up with artyboy and some other friends, we were able to watch the new summer nightastic fire works in front of Cinderella castle at magic kingdom, and OH MY GOD THEY WERE AWSOME!!!!!!
Keep in mind because I’m an entertainment technician I’m not always impressed with new shows, usually because I have seen the stuff used before or, especially with Disney, it is just a timing update or new soundtrack or some other "fresh coat of paint update", but they have some great people who are now coming up with new and exciting ways to update a show beyond the box they have been stuck in.
They have added launch positions all across the perimeter of the parks giving the effect of basically going from your old standard deff TV to a huge cinema scope screen. Not to mention the bringing of the action closer to you using the castle as a launch point itself now.

While the night we saw it, we could see and hear some slight glitches with the system, between the focus of some lights and the ability to hear the show audio the show was a great dress rehearsal for what will undoubtedly be a spectacular summer experience.

Figment!
06-09-2010, 01:24 AM
The Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular is a slightly abridged version Magic, Music ,& Mayhem with a new opening narration. Magic, Music, & Mayhem was the fireworks show for the Pirate & Princess Party Hard Ticket event.

It was a major Guest favorite then, so it is good to hear that the minor changes have not appeared to be alter the effect of the show.:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2010, 04:14 AM
1) Can't wait to see it during the special showing on Friday.
. . . free dinner at Contemporary
. . . special viewing area in MK
2) Going to be fun.

Melanie
06-09-2010, 06:38 AM
1) Can't wait to see it during the special showing on Friday.
. . . free dinner at Contemporary
. . . special viewing area in MK
2) Going to be fun.

Is it Friday yet?

Daisy'sMom
06-09-2010, 12:56 PM
It was a beautiful show but standing on Main Street by the candy store, we could not hear what was being said. Had no idea what the story behind the fireworks were about but loved it just the same. ELP was also great to see. We've missed it.:mickey:

Skippy
06-09-2010, 07:02 PM
I couldn't hear the excitement in front of the castle (I was over by the adventureland bridge) but I loved seeing the fireworks all around. Love the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade. The crowd was really into it too.

DCDisney
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Okay, so the comments all said they had trouble hearing. Anyone have a suggestion on where to stand to hear the show better ?

EpcotChic23
06-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Saw them last weekend. First time on the beach at the Poly then on Main Street near the ice cream shop and we heard just fine. It was a great location, at one point I looked at my hubby and said I felt like I was watching a Disney World commercial.

LauraByTheSea
06-10-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't wait to see them next weekend!

Catzle
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
We got to preview everything Sat. night, we were very lucky since we fly home on Sunday. They were both very good! Glad we got to see it We were in front of the castle.

Wadeace
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
i was talking with some tech friends, and we all felt that the sound was not running through all the sound systems in the park. that and it sounded as though the systems weren't delayed properly. it was weird because the parade and the announcements were intelligible but the fireworks show was not.

IloveDisney71
06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I hope they've worked out all of the sound problems by now - I get to see it in 9 days! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!:fworks:

TheRustyScupper
06-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Is it Friday yet?

1) YES-YES-YES !
2) Gonna be great
. . . 5:00pm-7:30pm free cocktails/appy's
. . . 6:00pm-8:00pm free dinner & special entertainment at Contemporary
. . . 8:15-11:00pm parade and fireworks at MK

WDWdreamer87
06-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Standing in Fantasyland allows you to see the perimeter fireworks, those around the castle, and hear the audio. Trust me, I hear/see them every night! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Standing in Fantasyland allows you to see the perimeter fireworks, those around the castle, and hear the audio. This was always our favorite place to watch Wishes. Glad to hear the new program is good in this spot, as that's where we'll be watching from in July! :mickey:

crltkcagle
06-15-2010, 10:46 AM
So to those that have seen the new show how do you rate it compared to wishes? I just love wishes and I am sad that it is gone. However I am glad Disney does updates so that you don't get bored with the same old thing.

Skippy
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Being surrounded by the fireworks was neat, the castle effects were awesome (My DW actually thought something had gone wrong during the takeover and was worried at that point in the show)... but we love Wishes music and can't wait for it's return.

(My two year old asked where her wishes was and started crying in the middle of the fireworks when I tried to explain it wasn't playing).