PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's BackYard BBQ

mommyof2boys2010
06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Seems like TONS of negative reviews on this place...Have not been, but have reservations next wkd. It is always booked up--so some folks must like it. Anyone been recently? Feelings?

Guya103
06-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I didn't even know it was still around. We had a horrible experience with it. The food was warm, flies everywhere and it lacked the Disney touch. We had to wait for over an hour and a half in the dark to be picked up by the bus to take us back to the resort. For the cost, I would choose another dinner show. I am not trying to be a negative person and like to be positive but it was a complete waste of money.

IrishMickey
06-08-2010, 02:43 PM
My DD (age 5 at the time) and I had a blast, we loved the music and dancing and the dinner was fine. She loved the popsicles that were all twisty and rainbow colored....the key for this event is if you are willing to get up and dance, if you are you will have fun, we have a great picture with her and Goofy dancing and her and Minnie in their cowboy boots. I do agree it is hard to get back to your room!

Fastpasssteve
06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
There are three factors that enter my mind when thinking about the Mickey's BBQ:

1)They have a challenging situation in which to serve perfectly prepared food served at the perfect temperature to a few hundred people all at once. Good luck, Disney.

2) Climate control - temperature & humidity

3) Bugs

For these three factors alone, I know it is not for me anymore. There was a time in my past when I was a summer camp counselor and lived the rugged, outdoor life. That time has passed for me, but maybe not for you. Perhaps you can get in touch with that more adventurous, younger self deep within you. And then...no matter what...you will paste a huge smile on your face and repeat over and over to yourself, "This is for my child, this is for my child, this is for my child...I will remember that with each complaint about cold ribs and slow service, I am taking away a piece of my child's happiness...this is for my child."

And they will probably love it.

onjbj
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
We booked this dinner for our upcoming August trip.. I'm on the fence about it, but I know our 5 yr old twins will like it and that's what it's all about. I'll grin and bear it. Hopefully, it will be a great time. We'll see!