PDA

View Full Version : well in front of Indy show

rainbodragon
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
we went to DHS last week and pulled the rope that says do not pull, and nothing happened! :(

please tell me what is supposed to happen, i have waited forever to find out jsut to not have it work. :confused:

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
That's the brake release cable for the elevators over at Tower of Terror!

MOJoe
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I thought it was the power cord for "Sounds Dangerous." ;)

rainbodragon
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
hee hee:D

MOJoe
06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
O.K. I had my fun. :blush:
I can't remember exactly what is said, but a voice yells back at you after you pull the rope. You have to pull really hard too, or it won't work. Surely someone here knows exactly what happens.
Sorry you were disappointed.

Lehman Family
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
We did that last time we were there. You do have to give it a pretty good tug. There were also a couple different sounds that came out of it so you may want to try it more than once.

TikiLounger
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, we make it a point to pull the rope on every trip. I'm not sure so if I'm wrong about this...sorry if I am...but, to me, the sounds seem to come in a sequence. We found that if we pull the rope more than once, you get a few different responses and noises. Then? it stops for a while and restarts. Maybe you just happened to try right after someone else had gone through the sequence and it was resetting for a moment? Just a thought....

rainbodragon
06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
maybe someone had just pulled like you say. there were clanking noises coming from the well before we even pulled. we each pulled the rope a couple of times (pretty hard too), and nothing. oh well (no pun intended, promise) guess thats something for our next visit.

thanks everyone for the help and the laughs. :mickey:

pianobabe
06-09-2010, 09:28 PM
...oh well (no pun intended, promise) guess thats something for our next visit... :mickey:

That's a good reason to go back!!:thumbsup:

4myprincesses
06-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Last trip, we talked my oldest (DD8) into pulling the rope. It made a noise and the CM over at Indiana Jones came over and asked who pulled the rope. Boy did she think she was in trouble and told us that we should always follow what signs and rules say, lol!

crltkcagle
06-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh that is too funny!

Last trip, we talked my oldest (DD8) into pulling the rope. It made a noise and the CM over at Indiana Jones came over and asked who pulled the rope. Boy did she think she was in trouble and told us that we should always follow what signs and rules say, lol!

badkitty
06-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Possible spoiler. Highlight over if you are curious as to what is in the well.

There is a funny little British Archeologist digging at the end of the rope. If you pull the rope you disturb him. You can cause him to break precious artifacts or even fall. Yikes! Best to follow the rules and not pull on the rope. ;) TeeHee!

:secret: