PDA

View Full Version : Leaving and reentering a park question

Prosdog
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
OK, I've been lurking for a while, this is my first time posting on this site. First, thank you to all of you for all the useful information.

My family and I are returning to WDW next week, we went for the first time last year (POR). This year we are doing the Contemporary, so we have the advantage of being on a monorail line for the MK and Epcot. Lets say we start the day at the MK, take a break and go back to the CR for lunch. Is it possible for one of us to then return to the MK with the 5 room keys, enter the park and pull some fast passes, then return to the CR to meet back up with us at the pool so we could all return later and use the fast passes? How would the system know that you left the MK for lunch? Just curious.

SBETigg
06-08-2010, 02:59 AM
You're allowed to leave and reenter a park, the same park if you don't have the hopper feature, but this is perfectly acceptable. I think you could actually do the FP thing, too, but keep in mind that you can't just get a bunch of FPs at once. They're is a timing issue, in that there's usually a limit of time ( I think around 45 minutes to an hour) between getting one batch of FPs and being able to get another.

The system will know when you re-enter the park, but wouldn't register the others as having left, I think. As long as everyone did enter that park on that day.

micky95
06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
you can leave a park as often as you want.if you dont have park hopper you can only reenter the same park for that day.you can get fast passes for your group using their tickets but you can only get them at at one ride only.example you can get fast passes at buzz lightyear but you cant go to another fast pass kiosk to get other passes until the ones you have have expired which is the time that is stamped on them.after that time on the pass has come you can get more.you dont have to use them at that exact time either you just cant use them before the time stamped on them.a cast member told me & my dw that the tickets were good anytime after the time stamped on them.hope this helps & have a wonderful time.was counting down to jan.2011 for next trip :number1: now its booked for nov.2010 !!!

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes... This will work, but as others have said, you will only be able to get one batch of fast passes. You CAN, grab some before you all leave, "enjoy" the Contemporary and the someone else can come back starting at the return time of the last fast passes you pull to get more. Actually, that's not always accurate, there's a time when another fastpass is available stamped on the fast passes. Depending on the return time, etc it may be different.

While official policy is that if you put up a stink about returning after the valid thru time the CM should let you ride, not all may honor that. It can throw a wrench in the syustem if a lot of people hoard fast passes throughout the day and the try to use them all at once, but unless policy has changed, CMs should let you do it.

And, as others hae said, those tickets need to be used at the turnstyle before they are valid in the park. I think if people hop to another park, they won't work in the original park until you re-enter.

gerald72
06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Yes, your scenario would work.

As long as:
1) each person's pass was used for admission at some time that day at that park
2) the wait time for getting a new fastpass has expired

deedeenmickey
06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!!!!:rocks:

Your plan should work have a GREAT trip!

KAJUNKING
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
:welcome: your plan should work fine

renecat
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
We have returned with fast passes a little later then expired return time and been allowed without an issue to ride. We don't do this intentionally. Say we are late because of dinning is slower then we expected or tried up on another attraction.

Fastpasssteve
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I have used FastPasses that were past their time window, but that had more to do with the CM's graciousness, rather than my sense of justice. They could just have easily turned me away...and they would have been right to do so. The time window is clearly printed on the FastPass.

CleveRocks
06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Because I'm a geek, I asked this question of about 50 CMs during my last trip last year. All but one told me that CMs are trained to accept late same-day FASTPASSes.

They are TRAINED to do this.

Prosdog
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for all the answers!

I used late fast passes all the time last year, none of the CMs were concerned. I got some looks but nobody ever said anything. Just to be clear, I know that there is a wait time between fast passes, since I'm staying nearby the MK at the Contemporary, I thought it would be cool to send my 16 year old back to the park to get fast passes for Space Mountain later that day while we hung out by the pool, that way we could return to the park and use them. I couldn't figure out how the Disney system could possibly know we were no longer in the park. If you use your room key for your room, would that tell the Fast Pass computer that you were no longer there? Just curious.

SBETigg
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all the answers!

I used late fast passes all the time last year, none of the CMs were concerned. I got some looks but nobody ever said anything. Just to be clear, I know that there is a wait time between fast passes, since I'm staying nearby the MK at the Contemporary, I thought it would be cool to send my 16 year old back to the park to get fast passes for Space Mountain later that day while we hung out by the pool, that way we could return to the park and use them. I couldn't figure out how the Disney system could possibly know we were no longer in the park. If you use your room key for your room, would that tell the Fast Pass computer that you were no longer there? Just curious.

It's a good question, but no, I don't think so. I don't think the technology is that thorough to say that you used your key in your room, so you wouldn't still be at the park. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised. But I think your plan should work out fine.

MOJoe
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Because I'm a geek, I asked this question of about 50 CMs during my last trip last year. All but one told me that CMs are trained to accept late same-day FASTPASSes.

They are TRAINED to do this.

The only time i have ever not been allowed to use a late same day fastpass was during evening EMH. All other times the CM's have just waved me through.

wdwfansince75
06-09-2010, 08:30 AM
We have done this over our last several trips. Once a person enters a park, their ticket can be used for FP's in that park until they enter another park on the same day. One of the reasons I favor tickets and room keys being separate...DW rarely spends a whole day in parks....I usually take her ticket with me for after dinner park tours...so I can get extra FP's.
The question of using "late" FP's has been answered here, and on other sites again and again....at the present time, Disney allows same day FP's at any time after the initial "Return time"...also, time of next FP is printed on ticket....earlier of return time, or three hours.., but for some popular rides, such as for EE, RnRC, Soaring...can be as little as 1 hour...