PDA

View Full Version : When do you receive your Vacation Package from Disney.

LoganBaileeMom
06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello

I have 34 days to go before our trip (July 11-18) staying at Pop for the first time and I have yet to receive my travel documents. I called Disney last week and was transferred to several people who all stated they couldn't help me because I book thru a travel agent. I called travel agent prior to me calling disney and had no luck. Sent Disney an e-mail, no response as of yet. Called a different number I found on the Disney site and spoke with a very nice & helpful CM who at least told me that our documents were sent to the printer on 5/30 and I should expect a call from the travel agent this week, hopefully. I questioned the CM why I wasn't told that last week, so said it was listed but they probably didn't want or know where to look. I also asked the nice CM why I have trouble with my confirmation number on disneyworld.com she stated it's because I booked thru a travel agent, I explained to her I wanted to do on-line check-in and she gave me the website mydisneyvacation.com...hope this works. I was wondering if any one received there documents closer to the vacation. Last time we went (8/08) I received them right at the 45 day mark. I am really anxious to get them as last trip was not all we expected it to me..Hurricane Faye paid a visit....8 days of rain...we saw no complete parades, no fireworks, some shows were stopped and they thought they might have to close down early one day. My kids are older now DS7 & DD4 are really excited and can't wait. Thanks for letting me sound off..I do all the planning, packing, etc. :mickey:

forever a child
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry you have had so much trouble. At least now you know they were sent out.

I believe that they are sent to the travel agent and the TA forwards them to you. I have never used one before so hopefully some who has will come along and confirm this.:mickey:

PharmD
06-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry you have had so much trouble. At least now you know they were sent out.

I believe that they are sent to the travel agent and the TA forwards them to you. I have never used one before so hopefully some who has will come along and confirm this.:mickey:

You are absolutely correct. I book Disney vacations and Disney will not send the documents directly to the client. They send them to the agency who then has to turn around and send them to the client. They usually try to get them to us about 45 days out but it depends on things such as when it was booked, etc. You can go online and do your own "online checkin" at the web address that they gave you. I would contact your travel agent and ask them to keep an eye out for them. They shouldn't mind. Good luck on your trip. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative this time :thumbsup:.

Tink1
06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Docs are normally shipped from Disney's 3rd party printer 30 days prior to arrival. Travel Agent bookings are sent to the agent, then they are then forwarded to the client

You can do online check in 10 days prior to arrival at http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest

The link you were given by DRC is incorrect.

Nanc

LoganBaileeMom
06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Thank you for all your useful information.
:mickey: