PDA

View Full Version : Where we are eating....

btown
06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I am surprising my sons and taking them to Disney in 3 weeks. (Ages 11 & 9) I'm a single mom and we are DVC members. This will be their 6th visit. (How wrong is that? I never saw Disney until my honeymoon!) We have not been since 8/2008. I booked one sit down a day. Here is where we are eating:

Ohana Dinner (Mom Fav)
Sci Fi Lunch (not since 2006?)
House of Blues Dinner (1st time)
Garden Grill Dinner (every time we go)
Wishes Dessert Party (1st time)
Chef Mickey's Dinner (Tradition is always our last night but couldn't get it)
Crystal Palace Lunch (Never did Lunch)
Yak & Yeti Lunch (2nd time & loved it in '08)
Biergarten Dinner (1st time)
Boma Breakfast (2005 ?)

I had a really hard time getting some reservations. (T-Rex for one) I wanted to try some new places but that was hard too b/c my now adult 11 year old is a very picky eater who now is ordering off the adult menu.)

Any good suggestions for counter must haves? I still have never been to Pirate Perico in MK. It's never open!

Thanks,
B.

WishingStar2006
06-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Call T-Rex directly and you will be able to get an ADR (even though they are not on the diing plan). I think it's something that your boys will really enjoy! Have a great time!!!

ibrowse17
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Looks good!! Have a wonderful trip:thumbsup:

forever a child
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
My 3 favorite CS places are
Pecos Bills - MK
Flame Tree BBQ - AK
Sunshine Season - Epcot

Don't really have one for DHS

Looking forward to trying Pepper Market - CSR

Hope you get all your ressies and have a great time!:mickey:

IrishMickey
06-07-2010, 06:49 PM
We like Cosmic Rays at MK...

The sandwhich place in DTD ( name escapes me)

Good luck with the Pirate place, we have never seen it open, but we are always there off season.:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
06-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I like your mix of restaurants, especially in light of the picky eater.

You have some buffets listed, so they can feel free to experiment, knowing that if they don't like something, they don't have to finish it...they can go back for something else! Present the buffets like a treasure hunt for new food...and those places always have old standards for kids anyway.

The other restaurants listed (like Sci-Fi) offer American standards...burgers...fries...ribs...chicken sandwich...so you're safe there.

My only question is the House of Blues. Make sure there's something there for them...other than the cool setting! I've only been there for the Gospel Brunch on Sundays...which has been AWESOME.

OH, I am so happy you make the Garden Grill a part of each trip to WDW. It is wonderful, simply-prepared food in a great setting. Plus, it is a character meal that is "boy friendly" and not about princesses. They must really appreciate that, even if they can't adequately voice that.

Best wishes for a great trip!

disney1122
06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Great mix of places! Have fun!

SBETigg
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Call T-Rex directly and you will be able to get an ADR (even though they are not on the diing plan). I think it's something that your boys will really enjoy! Have a great time!!!

Exactly. They have a website, too.

5MemphisTiggers
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I like your selections. My family loves Biergarten, and we also enjoyed breakfast at Boma on our last trip (really good!).

I would second the votes for Pecos Bills at MK and for Earl of Sandwich (sandwich place at DTD).

We also really like the Yak & Yeti CS at AK. Crispy honey chicken and pork egg rolls -- yum!