PDA

View Full Version : Why do they ask which resort you are staying in?

MizMissy
06-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I noticed this two weeks ago on our trip and thought it was strange. When you check in at the receptionist's desk, they ask if this meal will be on the dining plan (understandable question), but at every TS restaurant, the next question was which resort you were staying in.

Why? I could not think of any reason why it would matter. Are they just checking?

BrerGnat
06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
We were never asked this at the TS places we dined at in March.

DisneyPrincess21
06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
When I used the DDP back in December I was never asked which resort I was staying at either :confused:

laprana
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
We were asked this for each one of our ADRs on our trip May 23-June 3. I wondered about it, too! Never did figure it out...:confused:

IrishMickey
06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
maybe the were playing a game....one time many years ago, the CM's @ Disneyland were trying to fill in a map of the US, so they asked how many and "what state do you live in", they loved our party because we had two states besides California....
plus it is probably an easy way to do research on who uses the DDP:mickey:

Mousehead35
06-07-2010, 07:08 PM
We were there May 19-30th and were asked that as well.. I thought it was strange. If someone knows why, I would love to know the reason.

crltkcagle
06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
We were there May 21-31st and were never asked this at any of our TS meals? Weird. :confused:

Fastpasssteve
06-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm curious...Did they ask you which Disney Resort you were staying at only after finding out your were on the DDP?

Do they ask this same question if one is NOT on the DDP?

steamboat52
06-08-2010, 12:23 AM
We were asked that by our waitstaff in April, but just a couple of times. I thought they were just making conversation as they made a nice comment about our resort (AKL).

Pally
06-08-2010, 10:21 AM
We were asked what resort we were staying in last August when we went for Tea at Grand Flordian. This is not on dining plan. I thought this was odd. It was the only time we were asked though.:mickey:

Jared
06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Whenever I book dining reservations through the phone I am asked if I am staying at a Disney resort, regardless of whether or not I am on a dining plan. Once I say that I planning to stay on property, I am always asked to state which resort.

I don't recall needing to provide that information when making dining reservations through Disney's website. I have never known why the agent asks, and it has never been mentioned at a restaurant.

VWL Mom
06-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Totally random stab in the dark but maybe they are trying to see what percent value/mod/dlx DDP eat at that restaurant in an attempt to see what the upcoming plan changes will mean for that particular place. They have already changed value to CS for this free offer and another post mentioned that our neighbors across the pond are being offered free CS for mod next year. Just a thought.

wildernesslady
06-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe it helps with the tip tracking that is happening. Although, I would think they could use your room keys to get all the info. Not sure.

MizMissy
06-08-2010, 11:54 AM
We were on the dining plan, so I do not know if that had anything to do with their asking of the question.
Since it struck me as odd while we were there, I really wish I would have just asked them at the time why they were asking that question!

renecat
06-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Maybe since they brought out the CS for values with the free dinning they are just making sure that they don't seat someone on the dinning plan that doesn't have table service dinning.