PDA

View Full Version : Any Hampton Road Disney fans out there?

Jared
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi everybody! I recently finished school in Syracuse, N.Y., and have temporarily relocated to Virginia Beach, Va., for a job covering baseball for The Virginian-Pilot, the local newspaper. I have never lived anywhere besides New York, and I am in the process of settling into my life here.

I know there are INTERCOTees virtually everywhere. So who's from here? I barely know anybody from the area, and I am looking forward to meeting people and growing accustomed to this area.

mommylovespoly
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
... and a big Disney fan. We are also baseball fans, although my husband moreso than myself. We follow the Mets and have not yet recovered from the loss of the Tides-Mets affiliation. We used to go to Tides pretty often, but since the change-- haven't gone to one.

Although this area has its share of problems and craziness (and HOT humid weather, as you have recently experienced) I love it here and don't think I will ever move!

wdwfansince75
06-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Big weekend at Virginia Beach...Sand Soccer Weekend...teams of all ages...

Jared
06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Big weekend at Virginia Beach...Sand Soccer Weekend...teams of all ages...
Funny you mention that. The Norfolk Tides are on the road Saturday, and the Pilot assigned me to cover the sand soccer tournament. Seems like a pretty fascinating event.

If there are enough people from the area interested, I would love to put a little meet together. I have organized a few large meets in New York through the boards, so I would be willing to set it all up if people want to do it.