PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Pecos Bill?

Guya103
06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I was just looking at the menu for Pecos Bill as a thought for our trip this August and lots of the menu items look good. We have not been there in a few years and I don't remember much about it. Any opinons on this one? :mickey:

forever a child
06-06-2010, 02:17 PM
We really loved the BBQ sandwiches and Fries we got there in May! They were really good and I would go there again. It had a great toppings bar there too with sauteed onions, mushrooms and fresh lettuce, tomatoes etc for your sandwiches. It also had a place were you could order from a automated screen or you could go up to a live person and order. We used the automated system and I don't think it saved us any time on getting our food any faster, LOL.

It was quite loud there though. It would not be a place I would go to to relax a while. But the BBQ was so good!:thumbsup:

plutosnana
06-06-2010, 02:46 PM
French fries. Defaintley! Get french fries. It's like the best french fries ever! :eat:

LudwigVonDrake
06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
The Toppings bar can't be beat :tasty:

BluewaterBrad
06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
In my humble opinion Pecos Bill's with the toppings bar is a very good CS choice.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
As for the noise...we try to eat in the small courtyard...we've caught the afternoon parade from there a couple of times.
:pirate:

momef3grls
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
This is a must do for our family every trip. Portions are quite large and definitely shareable between 2 adults.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
The toppings bar makes this CS resturant! Hot cheese! Good for the sandwich and good for fries. We have eaten there for an early lunch and sat outside for great people watch!

VWL Mom
06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Good food, great fixings bar!! Kids get the burgers, DH the BBQ, and I get the wrap, something for everyone.

I would suggest to go for an early lunch or a late lunch (with the parade as PG mentioned) because a peak hours I have seen the lines out the door.

5MemphisTiggers
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I agree with everyone else here. We really like Pecos Bills. Great fixin's bar. I agree with Pirate Granny -- get a talble in the courtyard. DW have split a burger there several times.

Guya103
06-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow! Thank you for all of the quick replies! Pecos Bill sounds great and we will definately check it out:mickey:

Darbylew
06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
We love to eat at Pecos Bill's. It has the best
topping bar. The food is great. We would not
miss eating there when we are in the MK. They
seem to have enough seats and tables as well.
:eat:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
OCTOBER! :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
This is one of my nephews favorite counter service restaurants. They love the cheese for their fries.

garthbarth1
06-06-2010, 06:56 PM
We love Peco Bills and make it a point to go every trip...sometimes more than once! DH gets the Hamburger, and I always go for the Taco Salad...so good, and you can dress it up with the fixins bar! YUM!

crltkcagle
06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
We were there last week and its one of our favorite cs meals. However they have the back entrance roped off now. They make you go in through the main entrance and it you try to go save a table for your family they make you leave. You can only get past the guys if you have food. Guess there were too many families saving tables while other families with food didnt' have a place to sit. Anyway its a real pain because they do it right after the bathroom. So I had to tell the guy everytime one of my kids needed to go to the bathroom so he would let me back in.

RedSoxFan
06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
DS18 wants to go back to WDW just to eat at Pecos Bill. He loves it.:mickey:

forever a child
06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
We were there last week and its one of our favorite cs meals. However they have the back entrance roped off now. They make you go in through the main entrance and it you try to go save a table for your family they make you leave. You can only get past the guys if you have food. Guess there were too many families saving tables while other families with food didnt' have a place to sit. Anyway its a real pain because they do it right after the bathroom. So I had to tell the guy everytime one of my kids needed to go to the bathroom so he would let me back in.

They must have just started doing this because we were there two weeks ago and they were not doing that. DD went and got us a table while I ordered our food. But I guess it makes sense if you can't find a place to sit when you have a tray of food. I never noticed anyone really having difficulty finding seats when we were there either.

forever a child
06-06-2010, 08:05 PM
FYI, OP

Cosmic Ray's in Epcot has this Fixings Bar too with basically the same items in the bar. :thumbsup: The food menus are not identical...I think there are more choices in Cosmic Rays than in Peco Bills.