PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Refurbishment Going On!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Just got back, and loved being there, as usual, but there really were lots of the screens up covering refurbishments! I was prepared from reading about many here on Intercot, but it just seemed like an awful lot at once! I was glad to see that the show props were no longer in front of the castle--I do like the "pure castle" as I said earlier.

finaldynasty
06-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Where were some of the refurbs that was distracting. My DF and I are heading to the Kingdom in a couple of weeks and this information would be great to put together a game plan.

Thanks for the report!

ANG
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes I'm interested you know where the actual refurbs are too

CaptSmee
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Where were some of the refurbs that was distracting. My DF and I are heading to the Kingdom in a couple of weeks and this information would be great to put together a game plan.

Thanks for the report!

Yes I'm interested you know where the actual refurbs are too

They have begun work on the Fantasyland expansion project so there is lots of screens, walls, ect around that area of the park.

crltkcagle
06-06-2010, 09:57 AM
They are also working on Casey's so theres a big wall up that you have to walk around to get back to the sidewalk on Main street.
Theres a wall up infront of Peter Pan too so it makes that area a little more congested.

Daisy'sMom
06-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Spent the day at MK yesterday and did not even notice any of the refurbs, other than the screens. We still enjoyed our Casey's hotdog for lunch.
:mickey:

Tyson The Lab
06-06-2010, 05:06 PM
when will fantasyland be completed?

Fastpasssteve
06-06-2010, 09:33 PM
While the screens covering the refurbs detract from the magic a little bit, I am proud that Disney does refurbishments regularly and is interested in up-keep. When I travel in Europe, some important monument is always encapsulated in scaffolding which is intensely ugly. I'm glad Disney uses the screens to camoflage the work. While Cinderella's castle isn't as old as Notre Dame in Paris, it does need a touch-up every now and then.

KAT1811
06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Interesting. I can't wait to see what's going on when we get there in October. I think it's so exciting that they are doing something so big!!!

finaldynasty
06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
when will fantasyland be completed?

From all reports 2012

Skippy
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is screened also. The important piece here is the entrance lights from the construction wall do not go out for the Main Street Electrical Parade. (something to keep in mind if you're planting yourself down for the night)

everyonesmadhere
06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
From all reports 2012

actually, i hear 2013 a lot. attractions will start to open in 2012, if you go onto wikipedia (a very reliable source)