PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana's me no likee bananas and allergic to pineapple...

tundramom
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I know I'll have meat, but will that be the extent of what I'll be able to eat? Oh yeah, can't stand coconut either:blush:

KylesMom
06-05-2010, 09:54 AM
My family is not a fan of coconut either - but I don't recall anything on the menu that was "decorated" with it. Same with pineapple - except for my drink, which was made in one. :blush: Bananas? The bread pudding dessert has bananas foster sauce in the recipe, but that's the extent of it.

I would ensure that you let them know you are allergic to pineapple so they can steer you clear of anything which may cause problems. Enjoy!:mickey:

Niecyboo
06-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I like bananas but hate them warm (I know, weird). I eat the bread pudding without the sauce, and it's one of my favorite desserts. I know the bread they serve at the start of the meal has pineapple in it, so I would double check that it's not the bread they use in the bread pudding.

SBETigg
06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
The bananas in the bread pudding are avoidable, but definitely make a note about the pineapple allergy with your server and ask about what you should avoid, to be safe. I think you'll be able to eat everything else. Just don't get a Lapu Lapu (the drink in the pineapple).

tundramom
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I can eat pineapple cooked just not fresh, the enzyme in it makes my mouth blister, talk about weird. Does the bread pudding taste like bananas?

ElenitaB
06-05-2010, 08:37 PM
The actual bread pudding doesn't have bananas in it... it's the Bananas Foster sauce that does. You can always ask for a bowl of it without the sauce (the melty ice cream would probably do the trick). I always have to ask for the opposite: pudding and sauce, but no ice cream.

SBETigg
06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I can eat pineapple cooked just not fresh, the enzyme in it makes my mouth blister, talk about weird. Does the bread pudding taste like bananas?

Mine does the same thing if I drink straight pineapple juice, but I can eat pineapple. It is weird. My lips blow up. I'll never need cosmetic injections, just give me some pineapple juice. :D It doesn't happen if the juice is mixed with something.

tundramom
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
ice cream.

OK, so bread pudding, no sauce and no ice cream. I can't do dairy either, WOW when I type it all out, I'm a regular mess.

Fastpasssteve
06-06-2010, 12:33 AM
They slice the banana into the sauce (I've never had more than two slices in my sauce!)

So: Bread Pudding, sauce, NO BANANA

Make a point of asking them. The sauce doesn't taste of banana to me. It tastes of caramel, vanilla, brown sugar and butter... ....Mmmmmmm....butter.

tundramom
06-06-2010, 10:22 AM
OK, Thanks to all!