PDA

View Full Version : Ironing Board Takes Up Closet Space

Granny Jill A
06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Minor gripe, but I've noticed that the full-size ironing board and iron take up valuable closet space in the Value and Moderate rooms. I have used them a couple of times for freshening up wrinkled clothes, but I end up putting the board and iron on the floor just to have more hanging space.

Anyone else notice this?

DizneyRox
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure why there are ironing boards and iron. I barely use them at home, only once used one on a cruise.

I do go during the summer though, and after being outside for a couple of minutes, the sweat stains seem to overpower the wrinkles.

faline
06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I would not be happy if I didn't have an iron and an ironing board!

eeyorepoohfan
06-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I do go during the summer though, and after being outside for a couple of minutes, the sweat stains seem to overpower the wrinkles.

Haha! So true!! :funny:

:iron:I didn't really notice the iron and ironing board taking up too much room at POP. But it was just me and my DH. I think it would have made more sense to put them at the end of the closet by the sink. Then it would be more out of the way for those who don't use it. Even better if they would get the holders for over a door, then they would really be out of the way. Just my :twocents: ! I wonder if you could request them to be removed for your stay? :scratch: I have yet to use an iron while on vacation, so it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't "standard" in my room.

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I am always glad to have the iron and ironing board when I'm getting ready to go out for dinner in the evening (California Grill and the like...). Not to mention when I arrive. I like the feeling of linen in the heat of Florida and that really wants an iron.

#1donaldfan
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure why there are ironing boards and iron. I barely use them at home, only once used one on a cruise.

true.....

.....it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it .... right?????:thedolls:

goofygirl67
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
The only thing I noticed about the ironing boards is that it's a nice place to hang my laundry bag from. Now you want to talk about taking up space in the closet, OKW has a vacuum cleaner.

DizneyRox
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
The only thing I noticed about the ironing boards is that it's a nice place to hang my laundry bag from. Now you want to talk about taking up space in the closet, OKW has a vacuum cleaner.
All DVC resorts have vacuum cleaners in them.

KAT1811
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I would not be happy if I didn't have an iron and an ironing board!

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

I use the iron and ironing board :iron: every day of our trips. At night I iron everyone's outfits for the next day (there are 6 of us). I'd die without one!!! I love linen and we wear a lot of sundresses and things that require ironing.

I'll also confess that I have used the vacuum too!!! :vacuum:

I also do laundry daily. :laundry:

Granny Jill A
06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I think it would have made more sense to put them at the end of the closet by the sink. Then it would be more out of the way for those who don't use it. Even better if they would get the holders for over a door, then they would really be out of the way. Just my :twocents: !

I think your idea is a great one. I have no problem with the iron and board being in the room, but the location does take up space.
I guess I'll keep putting them on the floor. Wonder what the housekeeping staff think about me doing this. :D:D

pianobabe
06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I always open the ironing board up and use it as more shelf space for toiletries. I don't iron at home:blush: and I'm sure not going to iron on vacation.