PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic

lyle21
06-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I feel like such a newb! but when is fantasmic shown and is it worth it? i've been to the world a million times and have never bothered with it, but now i really want to see it.

i remember when it was shown twice a night. i now know its schedule has changed. we'll be going this december and i would like to know the traditional show times.

also, is the dining fantasmic package a good way to avoid a long wait. i'll have 3 kids in tow!

i'm grumpy
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Went twice last month. :D I would go to the second show if there is one. The reserved seats are on the far right I believe. Not the best in my opinion.

lyle21
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
good to know:mickey:

forever a child
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
It is DD and my favorite night time show! We can't miss it or we don't feel like we have been to Disney! Our recent visit in May we had probably our best seat, perfect weather conditions and low crowds! It was great.

We are going in December too and I looked at the schedule and so far the shows seem to be on Mondays, Wend, Fridays. There is only one showing at 6:30 in Dec. Our May visit had two showings 8:30 and 10pm.

I would go at least once!:mickey:

ANG
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I love Fantasmic!

Disneymom201
06-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I absoluetly LOVE Fantasmic. It is my favorite show at WDW! I get choked up every year that I see it. I plan our vacation days to DHS around it's schedule. It definately is a must see!

2005 - 2007 Off Property
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
123 days Suprise vacation for the kids to AKL!!!

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Of the three nighttime spectaculars (Wishes, Illuminations, and Fantasmic), it is my least favorite, but I still wouldn't miss it during a trip to WDW. It is great in its own right and you would be remiss to leave it off your schedule.

MuchLovedMama
06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Fantasmic is incredible. We saw it in 2008 and we all loved it. We are going to do it again this September without a doubt. :thumbsup:

Mad About Mickey
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Fantasmic!
December 2,6,9,11,13,15,17,20,22,24 -- 6:30 p.m.
December 25-31 -- 6:30 & 8:00 p.m.

This is what Disney has scheduled at the moment. We often go in December and I recall they added several more showings the week we were down last December, probably due to increased attendence. Hopefully the same thing will happen this year as well.

As for the doing the Fantasmic dining package. We tried it in 08 at Hollywood and Vine and it did not seem to be any better then the seats we have gotten any other time we've gone. We usually show up about 45-60 minutes early stake out our seats close to the front and relax. There are vendors with snacks and novelty items strolling the isles preshow and there are food and beverage (plus beer) concesions at the back of the arena as well. So one of us will stay with the kids while while the other gets some snacks and beverages, great way to get some down time during a long day at the parks.

If you haven't been go, It is worth seeing at least once and our family loves it, It is my MIL's favorite thing to do at WDW.

lyle21
06-05-2010, 11:43 PM
thanks for all the help. really got my questions answered.

i will go for it this time and without a dining package. i don't like DHS restaurants anyway.

Genie1953
06-06-2010, 01:25 AM
We saw it when we were there in April. We tried to get into the early show and got there about 45 minutes before the start. We got right in but were warned that it would be standing room only. We asked a CM what the best plan of action was if we wanted to get into the later show. They told us to be there about 30 minutes before the start of the show. We got there 45 minutes early and had to stand in line for 15 minutes and they let us in then. We absolutely LOVED this show and will be a MUST DO on all of our future trips. In my opinion there is not a bad seat in the house. Oh and FYI we were there for 10 days and right before we left we checked the schedule and it was only scheduled for 2 nights (1 show per night). After we got there we checked again and they had added the show for two additional nights and both had two shows per night. We were ecstatic because we then able to get into a showing. We had ADR's that were going to interfere with seeing it prior to WDW adding the extra shows. Anyway.....you cannot go wrong with this show......it is everything Disney!

#1donaldfan
06-06-2010, 08:40 AM
IMHO it's the best show DW has to offer !!!:cool: