PDA

View Full Version : Dollywood in August

julyjewel
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
This is the first time our family has been there. Can anyone tell us about anythings we need to check out at the park! Any information about your expeience would be appreciated. Thanks.

ryca1dreams
06-16-2010, 09:02 AM
It's been about two years since we went, but I really enjoyed it. The surroundings are beautiful (I grew up nearby, so I'm partial). It is a more conservative park and really stresses family. There are a lot of "down-home" shops and other areas. Some of the rides are really good - you don't get megacoasters, but they are well-maintained and some are pretty innovative. I liked listening to Naomi and the Wood Brothers (bluegrass). In all, it is a very family friendly place, very fun, and plenty to do.

senderella
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM
We have season passes and were actually just there Saturday. It will be hot in August but there are several water rides to cool off and fountains for the kids to play in. They do have misters scattered throughout the park which helps alot.
Even though I am a huge Disney fan, this is a great family park as well. I think you will find the crowds very manageable.
Variety of foods; Chicken, BBQ, Fajitas, Corndogs, pizza, funnel cakes, kettle corn(highly recommend).
Variety of shows;gosepel, kids storytelling, country music, 50's music, and craftsman exhibits
Rides; there are several roller coasters, 3 water rides, a kiddie area, several fountain areas, steam engine, and they have a great new rope obstacle course.
I would take a look at their website, but I don't think you will be disappointed.

By the way I have 2 kids ages 16 and 10 and they have something for both.