PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier - proposed change to 2TS Credits

Zawadi
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
The rumours that Le Cellier is going to become a Signature Dining establishment in late 2010 and therefore costing 2 TS Credits on the DDP has got me thinking:

Having to make ADR's for Le Cellier at the 180 day mark (or you struggle to get one), and therefore making plans to use your DDP Credits throughout your stay 6 months ahead of your visit to WDW.
How would Disney implement the change to Signature Dining / 2 credits?

We have 2 ressies at Le Cellier during our 14 night stay at WDW in September. I'd hate to get there and find that I'd have to change my ADR's to avoid running out of DDP credits before the end of my trip or end up paying OOP for extra meals that I hadn't planned on buying.

Ms. Mode
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
That's a very good question, and I have another one. If you make your ADRs in July for January 2011 will they tell you that if it's going to 2 TS when you make the ADR? It sure makes planning difficult, doesn't it? :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, there's been only rumors, and that rumor only came from 1 person on 1 discussion board. No other substantive information. It's impossible to tell how they might implement this or even if this is a legitimate rumor. My guess is that if anything changes it would be with the 2011 DDP. As Ms Mode noted, though, January 2011 ADRs can be made next month. However, Disney has more leniency there because they can (truthfully) say that the 2011 DDP has not been set. I think you're safe for September. Trying to change mid-year with the plan already in place would be a public relations nightmare. But 2011 seems a definite possibility. I'm going to skip Le Cellier for our January trip under the assumption that they will change. If they don't then it still frees up a space to try something new and I can get a great steak elsewhere.

KAT1811
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant. It was a big disappointment a few trips ago and as a result we have skipped it ever since. We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse and dine there every trip at least once. That was well worth the $$$ Le Cellier would really have to kick it up a notch for them to be able to justify a 2TS meal. Just my opinion but i just can't see where they could possibly be going with that. I'd use 2TS at California Grill LONG before I'd even consider it at Le Cellier.

Strmchsr
06-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant.

The rumor with Le Cellier is that it would receive a complete overhaul - new, more unscale menu, less seats to make it more intimate, etc. It's not supposed to be going to 2 TS as is, but would, essentially, be upgraded to a "signature" experience. As I said above, though, that's strictly a rumor with no credible confirmation right now.

Pirate Granny
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I expect that with the new restaurant in Italy, the current one will move to a 2TS, possibly along with the Mexican restaurant...

Now, no rumors...just my opinion.

:pirate:

VWL Mom
06-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I expect that with the new restaurant in Italy, the current one will move to a 2TS, possibly along with the Mexican restaurant...

Now, no rumors...just my opinion.

:pirate:

I agree.

disneymom2000
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM
KAT1811
I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant.

I can. Everytime someone on the board asks for suggestions - Le Cellier seems to be the most suggested. And when you are in EPCOT and try to get a walk-up reservation - well you can forget it. I had to wait until my 6th visit before I ever got in because everyone here always seems to make it sound like it is the end all, be all of restaurants. So with the kind of crowds they pull in all during the day, they can conceivably become a Signature Dining restaurant. And they pretty much owe it to the posts on Intercot.:beer::beer:

eandrsmom
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but we found the place to be overrated. The food was good, but nothing memorable. I found dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe to be just as good, if not better. They'd really have to upgrade everything to make me want to use 2 credits for dinner there.

DizneyRox
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but we found the place to be overrated. The food was good, but nothing memorable.
Maybe the minority, but not alone...

It's on par with Outback Steakhouse...

KAT1811
06-06-2010, 01:30 PM
disneymom200,

I agree that Le Cellier gets rave reviews and that it is always booked quickly. Personally, I'm with eandrsmom and think it is very overrated. I am willing to bet that they will see a significant drop in ADRs if they revamp the restaurant and change it into a 2TS. I forsee a huge decline in ADRs if the rumored change is made.

Vacation goers may not be able to procure a seat at Le Cellier on their vacation but I have always been able to get a table at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, a 2TS restaurant a short walk from Epcot, and the food and service blows Le Cellier out of the water.

Tinkerbelly84
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
We went last May and weren't really impressed.

Genie1953
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
We absolutely loved Le Cellier. We both had steaks and they were great.....that said.....I am not at all sure that I would return if it became a 2 TS restaurant.