PDA

View Full Version : Hotel advice near DL?

RBix86
06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey Everyone! My family and I are going to be visiting DL at the end of July for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to which hotel might suite my family better. I was looking at the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, or the Candy Cane Inn. I do have 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl and they are both under 6, So I'm guessing Candy Cann Inn will be their choice, but does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? I'm going to be bringing the childrens sleeping bags so space is not a huge deal, but I just want to make sure they will have the best experience. If anyone could lend a hand that would be a great help! Thankyou!

Ms. Mode
06-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Welcome to Intercot.

My question is; why the sleeping bags? :confused:

BrerGnat
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
There is a Howard Johnson's that is across from the entrance and about a block from the resort. It is hugely popular, mainly due to the cool kid's water play area. They also have some cool kid's bunk bed suites there (one room has a king bed, the other has bunk beds and it's pirate themed, I think). Prices are pretty good and they often run specials.

Candy Cane Inn has good reviews too, but it's not a "suite" hotel.

I'd simply choose the resort that CLOSEST to the main entrance on Harbor and that works the best for your family.

Also, yeah, why make the kids sleep on the floor? All these hotels will have bedding for them.

NewDVCowner
06-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd recommend the Howard Johnson or the Candy Cane, based on what's been recommended so far. I would do a google map search of the area and find one that is closest to the entrance of the park. Pretty much all of the hotels in Anaheim say 'one block from DL' however, keep in mind, that is often the back gate area and not where you can enter the park. The Tropicana Inn & Suites is directly across from the parking lot entrance as are several other places. The Howard Johnson is close, too, and the Quality Inn and Suites is just past the Howard Johnson. I stayed there a couple of years ago and it was nice enough, with a good breakfast complete with a make your own waffle station.

E-OR
06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
We usually stay at the DL hotel but a couple years ago my SIL her 3 kids and myself decided to stay at Howard Johnson. With a coupon from the entertainment book we got a great deal. The hotel is within a easy walking distance from the park or they have a shuttle that runs constantly. We did both while there. We had two double beds and a roll away and still had plenty of room. The pool is pirate themed, I think. It was under construction when we were there. I have since looked a pictures and it looks like it would be a lot of fun. We would highly recomment this hotel and your kids would not have to use sleeping bags.

Disney4us2
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Welcome to Intercot:thumbsup:

I love the Park Vue Inn. It is directly across the street from the DLR. They have bunk beds. We stayed in one of the rooms with the queen and bunk beds. I have some pics of the room. The rooms also have a small referigerator and microwave. The location is great. It is also right next to the IHOP.

Have fun planning:mickey:

Hammer
06-04-2010, 04:56 PM
As this is a thread about Disneyland accommodations, I am going to move it to Accommodations forum for Disneyland.

NotaGeek
06-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey Everyone! My family and I are going to be visiting DL at the end of July for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to which hotel might suite my family better. I was looking at the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, or the Candy Cane Inn. I do have 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl and they are both under 6, So I'm guessing Candy Cann Inn will be their choice, but does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? I'm going to be bringing the childrens sleeping bags so space is not a huge deal, but I just want to make sure they will have the best experience. If anyone could lend a hand that would be a great help! Thankyou!
:welcome: to INTERCOT! :party2:

There are several favorites among members here ... my personal favorite is the Ramada Maingate, it has a great pool area and the rooms are really big and its an easy walk across from the Resort. Another option would be the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites -- which is right across the street from Disneyland!

mom2morgan
06-05-2010, 10:43 PM
There is currently a "5 for 3" deal that I think runs right through the summer and might make one of the actual Disney hotels more accessible for you. We were originally booked for the Candy Cane, but when the deal came out we moved to the Disneyland Hotel - for only a couple hundred more. I like it because it is right on property and has a really nice pool area (although I haven't acutally been there yet, LOL)

dtootsie42
06-06-2010, 02:44 PM
We stayed at the Howard Johnsons on our last trip and loved it. The room was huge and it was a very easy walk to the Park. The deal that we got was incredible so very happy with the cost which left more for spending! :mickey:

-----------------------
Dana