PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour question

alpro2
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I know you have to be at least 16 years of age to take the tour, but does anybody know how flexible WDW is with ages? At the time of my upcoming trip, my DS will be two weeks shy of his 16th birthday. Was wondering if he would be allowed to take the tour. Any thoughts?

KAT1811
06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I think you will be fine. I am sure that they are accomodating. I would be hard pressed to have them require a birth certificate. I think the age requirements are more to discourage those that would bring young children than to exclude those very close to the required age. I would give WDW a call and verify but I am fairly certain you should be fine.

Pirate Granny
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
hummm, on some of the recent tours we were asked to provide picture ID...so, I would check with Disney before I paid and reserved to go on the tour.
:pirate:

joanna71985
06-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately, Disney is not flexable when it comes to ages and the backstage tours. If it says 16+, you HAVE to be 16 years or older (or you can't go). And I've seen it firsthand. I took KttK a few years ago, and there was a family checking in ahead of me (mom, dad, and 2 girls). One of the girls was just shy of being 16 (a month or so), and she couldn't go. The whole family ended up dropping out.

Carol
06-05-2010, 08:48 AM
My son and I took the tour. He had just turned 16. They did indeed request an ID.