PDA

View Full Version : DVC Perks Survey

seanyred
06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I just took a survey that was specific to DVC perks. Did anyone else get this survey in their e-mail?

The survey allowed you to rate current perks and potential new perks for the future. Two interesting possible future perks where

Discounts on single day and multi-day tickets. (I really like this one)

Tiered Perks. So the more points you have the more perks you would get. (I don't like this one)

It was a decent survey and if you got this e-mail I would suggest taking it.

dlpmikki
06-04-2010, 03:27 AM
I haven't had the survey but I did hear about it. They used to have discounts on daily and multi day tickets and members wanted it on APs. Would be nice if they could do both but I would hate to lose the AP benefit as that is far better for me than daily discounts.

I gather some of the logic over tiered benefits is that they can somehow offer something to people from states / countries that can't get rewards for introducing folk to DVC. None to clear on that myself to be honest!

DVC2004
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
I haven't got the survey but I agree- discounts on daily tickets would be very welcome! The tiered perks have been in discussion over there for a few years now. I don't care for that idea. I feel you are a member whether you own 100 points or 1000 points. I think that would really alienate alot of members if that were to happen...

MidnTPK
06-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The tiered perks have been in discussion over there for a few years now.
The tiered membership idea is present in other timeshare systems: the more weeks (points in DVC language) you own, the more perks you have. Like the elite Starwood members have a special reservation number to call, and I think are supposed to be assigned better units.

Disney is probably just checking to see that their timeshare system is competitive with the others. If they saw that they were losing out sales to competitors, because multi-week buyer really cared about tiered perks, then they'd probably introduce it. Otherwise, I doubt it's high on their priorities.