PDA

View Full Version : Night of Joy 2010 Tickets

Tigerinvestigator
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I have never been so disappointed with Disney. Seems they decided to cut out the 2 day park hopper discounted tickets for youth groups this year. Last year they were $108 and this year the same tickets are over $200. Thats a 100% increase. Our youth group has been raising money to go and we counted on up to 25% increase and planned accordingly. Now they have really messed us up. We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars added to our budget and no time left to raise the money. Complained to Disney and they told me they understood the problem and I should hear something in 6-8 WEEKS! In six to eight weeks we will have already replaced the trip with something else. SO DISAPPOINTING for kids at the poverty level, many of whom have never been out of Tennessee. Anyone else complained about this increase?

MushuGrl
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
DUDE! I TOTALLY KNOW YOU! I'm Tab at the newspaper! (We come from a very small town, Intercotees, so this is literally like finding an needle in a haystack!)

Keeping fingers, toes and eyes cross (okay maybe not eyes..if the paper turns out all weird I'll blame that on the crossed fingers too) that everything works out for ya'll! Keep the Faith!

Tigerinvestigator
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Well we just heard back from Disney and the news was not good. They said they raised the rates 100%+ because it moved back to the magic kingdom. Said they have heard from many groups who can no longer afford it and yet they are not going to do anything about it. They offered us discounted water park tix for our trouble but that is a joke. They know we will not have time to go to a water park. Really sad what they are doing to youth groups across the country. We will go this year because we have already promised them but will not take them back.:ill:

BellesRose
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
That's so sad! Maybe next year your youth group could plan on going to Busch Gardens. They have a Christian concert event every May called Glory at the Gardens or something like that. I believe it's a little bit cheaper. I know if you're a passholder, you get in free. Disney definitely doesn't understand that concept :secret: but I know, I know...it's just not the same.

Tigerinvestigator
06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
UPDATE: LOL they just gave us our "Group Rate" for the resort for 11 rooms and it was $8/ night HIGHER than the public rate. Its so bad its actually funny!:thumbsup:

the other micki
06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
UPDATE: LOL they just gave us our "Group Rate" for the resort for 11 rooms and it was $8/ night HIGHER than the public rate. Its so bad its actually funny!:thumbsup:

Wow! I know they're a business, but C'MON!!! That's just a shame!! :nono:

Tigerinvestigator
07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Well after more than a month of begging, we were upgraded to a park hopper ticket today. We had to drop one of the night of joy nights but thats ok. We appreciate Disney meeting us half way on this one. I apologize for all the mean things I thought during this process. They did in fact step up to the plate for us and showed they do still have some magic left in them!:thumbsup:

BellesRose
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm glad to hear it! Hope everyone has fun :number1: