PDA

View Full Version : Finally get to stay at ?? and it was ???

DisneyNut6777
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
:mickey: Hey all. Hope there is pixie dust for everybody!!! I have seen many replies about resorts that people had stayed at and were thrilled. Our family of four adults are coming in early to mid December and have agreed on a Deluxe resort. Am wondering how many of you finally got to stay at your dream resort and how was your experience. We are thinking about one of the monorail resorts. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
We've stayed twice at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was awesome! It's beautiful and being able to see the animals was really great. We absolutely loved it!

This year we are going to try the Polyneisian and we have heard wonderful things about it, so I'm sure we won't be disappointed. However ... I sort of feel like a traitor to AKL!

snowflakegirl
06-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm staying at my dream resort for the first time in August (Animal Kingdom Lodge)! I can't wait! I'll let you know how it was after ;-).

Mickey'sGirl
06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Of the monorail resorts, we have stayed at the Poleynesian and the Contemporary. I had always dreamed of staying at the Contemporary, but of the two I prefer the Poly. It was just more RESORTY to me ... I felt like I was in the south seas. Don't get me wrong, the Contemporary is beautiful, and tastefully decorated, and you can walk to and from the Magic Kingdom, I just preferred the Poly.

Of all the Deluxe resorts though, the Boardwalk is my favourite. We love the easy access to the World Showcase at Epcot, and all of the action of the Boardwalk itself. I would recommend the Boardwalk.

retiredfigment
06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
After having stayed at moderates and really loving Dixie Landings, we stayed at WL one Christmas. Absolutely loved it!!! Convenient. Boat ride great! Rooms and theme awesome. We are going back to POR this year and I know what you mean about feeling like a traitor. But - its Disney World and magical and we don't spend much time at the resort anyway:)

Darbylew
06-04-2010, 08:52 AM
We stayed at the AKL one time. It was great
but I like my moderate resort the best. We are
never in the room so why pay more. We love the FQ. We were there in May and will be back
there in October. :thumbsup::number1:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP MAY 2010 :mickey:
NEXT TRIP OCT. 2010 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

TikiLounger
06-04-2010, 09:23 AM
While The Beach Club is #2 on my all time favorite resort list (The Polynesian is #1), I have to say that the trip my husband and I took for our anniversary and his B-Day during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival was absolutely perfect. We even found out at check-in that we were upgraded from a garden view room in the Club Level to a water view! The room was HUGE and everything was gorgeous. All this aside, The Polynesian is the resort that we love the most. To us, it's the ultimate "Disney" resort! Monorail, too!

Dragongirlx
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
stayed at Wildenress Lodge twice now and the Poly once and they were fab
I get to stay at Grand Flroidian this year and am so looking forward to it.

southerngirl
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I like this post a lot!!! As a child, I always wanted to stay at the Polynesian. It looked very exotic to me (and, don't laugh, I really loved the music they played on the monorail when you stopped there). However, I usually went to WDW with my grandparents, and we usually stayed off-site or at the Contemporary. Last December, after over 30 years of waiting, I finally got to stay at the Poly. It was really beautiful and relaxing (although I will admit that the room decor wasn't my favorite), and we got to stay on the Club Level, which made my husband and I decide that as long as we can afford it, that's the only way we're "doing Disney."

What's really funny is that now that I'm an adult, my dream resort is the Grand Floridian. I love the colors and atmosphere over there. However, now my DH is obsessed with the Poly and only wants to stay there!

johnO
06-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd wanna stay at the Poly

PlutoPlanet
06-04-2010, 12:24 PM
DW and I stayed in a studio at BLT. We loved it. It's great to be able to walk to MK. We could see fireworks from our balcony, even though we only paid for a Bay Lake view.

One thing, with 4 people, don't get a studio at BLT; it's just too small for 4. Get a 1 BR.

Previously we stayed at WL for 3 vacations. It's not on the monorail of course, but it is themed wonderfully.

renecat
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
We've stayed at the GF and the Poly. Trying the BC next. So far my favorite is the GF. May change my mind after Oct.

eeyorepoohfan
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM
:cloud9:My dream resort is all of them!!! Especially the deluxes! :mickey:Nearly 13 years ago, my parents splurged on a high school graduation present for me and my friend. My parents had the WDW booklet and asked which we would love to stay at if we could. We chose Wilderness Lodge!!! :thumbsup: So I was so excited when we got to stay there! It was even better and more beautiful than I ever imagined! It exceeded all of our expectations on decor, CMs, etc!! We loved taking the boat over to Magic Kingdom!!:cloud9:

I won't be able to stay at any of my dream resorts for a while. :( We have to do Disney on a budget if we want to be able to go! So it's Values for us for now. I still love the idea of staying at a monorail resort! Something special about that! But after touring the Deluxe resorts last December, I am actaully leaning towards one of the EPCOT area resorts! I like the convenience of being close to two parks! Plus, they all look beautiful!:thumbsup:

mickeysworld
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Always dreamed of staying at the Poly, since I was a little girl, finally got to stay there (for the first time a few years ago) and it was everything I dreamed it would be! It's our favorite resort mainly for the location, love being able to get to MK and EP on the monorail, love the water parade, love watching fireworks from the beach, love the tiki torches at night, I could go on and on!

BrerGnat
06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I finally got to stay at Beach Club (I'd been eyeing that pool for TOO many years :secret: )

And...it was the BEST resort experience I've had at WDW so far! Seriously, we just immediately felt like we were "home" there. It was more beautiful than I remembered, and everything about our stay was just perfect.

I will now have a VERY hard time staying elsewhere, and as long as BC-CL is available, that's where we'll be! :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I've stayed at all three monorail hotels...and WL and YC...of the monorail hotels...I think GF is the best...loved, loved, loved it...short visit...two nights (Disney Wedding)...remember you'll have to pay $25 per extra adult over two...I know, and with those rates, go figure...For deluxe, but a better price WL or AKL can't be beat...staying for the first time at AKL in August.

If it's a short trip and you can afford it...try GF.
:pirate:

Ropachs
06-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I had wanted to stay at the Polynesian since age 7! At that time, my parents and I stayed offsite but did walk the Poly grounds and lobby, I remember thinking how I had never seen such a beautiful place. My family and in-laws finally stayed there in Fall of 2008. I did love it, and I loved 'Ohana as well, and the grounds were as beautiful as ever. Although I had read that the rooms had been recently somewhat rehab'd, I did think they weren't all that great. I don't know if it was because the rooms are dark, but it just seemed somewhat dirty and old to me. Overall it was still a thrill to me!
The next resort I'd love to stay at is the Wilderness Lodge!

Gayle
06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Love the WL,but would love to stay at the Poly, but DH is allergic to something planted at the resort. went to see the dinner show and he could not stop sneezing!!!!!!!!!

eandrsmom
06-06-2010, 11:04 AM
We've stayed at all three monorail resort hotels. I have to say that my all-time favorite has been Poly concierge. We loved the lounge. It was nice to wake up, walk down the hall, and have hot coffee and breakfast waiting. My kids loved the afternoon snacks and juice, and I loved watching Wishes in the lounge. (They pipe in the music.) It was our most memorable on-site resort experience, by far.