PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

forever a child
06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
For those of you who have attended, tell me what your experience was like at MVMCP. Is is worth the ticket costs? Is is really crowded?

I am considering skipping it and just relaxing at the resort and spending the extra $ on a Christmas gift to myself. What do you think?

My DD will be 16 by then so maybe it is geared more to those with young children?

Thanks for advise. You guys really helped with my planning on our recent trip!:mickey:

Rekenna
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey, my KY buddy! We are going for the 1st time for the Christmas lights, we've never been to MVMCP, but you know we are going. It's also our 2 oldest DS's B-Day on the day we are going.

When are you guys going again? We will be there 11/28-12/4 at POR for the 1st time.

Not that it's much help to your question, but I wouldn't miss it!:mickey:

forever a child
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey, my KY buddy! We are going for the 1st time for the Christmas lights, we've never been to MVMCP, but you know we are going. It's also our 2 oldest DS's B-Day on the day we are going.

When are you guys going again? We will be there 11/28-12/4 at POR for the 1st time.

Same here, I wanted to see what Disney is like during Christmas! We are going Dec 12-18th! We will just be missing each other, LOL! We are going to be staying at Coronado! Wanting to do some deluxe resort visiting as well to check out the decorations! :cloud9:

You will LOVE POR! It is my favorite so far! We stayed in Mansions.

CaptSmee
06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
MVMCP is always fun & worth the xtra $ for us. It's not generally too crowded, and unless your going to be there the week before, during, or after xmas then it's the only way to see the xmas parade or holiday fireworks. We have been several times now over the years and look forward to attending again this Nov.

deedeebee
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Everything was great except for the cookies and cocoa :( The fireworks, lights, "snow" on main street, fun.:thumbsup:

faline
06-03-2010, 06:33 PM
We've been several times including last December. Love the parade and the fireworks! I certainly would attend again but each person needs to make their own decision as value is measured differently by each of us!

Pirate Granny
06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
We would normally take an 'off' day...sleep in, shop at DTD...and be at the MK gates at 4pm (that's when you can enter)...always book a meal to the LTT and get ready to enjoy...it's not too crowded so if we have limited time, we make this our MK visit day. We normally shop at midnight as the stores on mainstreet are open until 1am. just don't miss the bus back to your resort.
:pirate:

mickeyman42
06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
We went last year and thought we would love it but found it to be EVERYONE waiting around for shows, parade and fireworks all night. We do not like to camp out for shows, etc and found that since everyone wants to experience the party only stuff (no one paid extra for shorter wait times on rides, but for the party specific things) that thats all everyone was doing. we would never do it again. Since you pay for the party you want to experience the party (shows, parade, etc) and so does everyboudy else! now the osborne lights, that was amazing and I would experience that each and every night no problem

ETA: we went nov 12th last year

Pirate Granny
06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
A bigger expense, but last year we were lucky to snag reservations for the fireworks dessert buffet during the MNSSHP...how wonderful did that work out...eat, watch the fireworks from a wonderful site that you don't have to line up early for, and then head out for the second parade. Still left plenty of time for rides.
:pirate:

DisneyPrincess21
06-03-2010, 08:54 PM
For those of you who have attended, tell me what your experience was like at MVMCP. Is is worth the ticket costs? Is is really crowded?

I am considering skipping it and just relaxing at the resort and spending the extra $ on a Christmas gift to myself. What do you think?

My DD will be 16 by then so maybe it is geared more to those with young children?

Thanks for advise. You guys really helped with my planning on our recent trip!:mickey:

This will be my 3rd mickey party in a row this year, so I would say it is worth the money IMHO. And it is not geared just towards kids, I am 25 and enjoy myself completly every MVMCP.

There is nothing like Disney at Christmas time, it is truly the most magical :cloud9:. This will be my 4th trip in a row to Disney in December and I love it so much, I cant go any other time.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

:santa3:

06-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Everything was great except for the cookies and cocoa

The cookies and cocoa are GREAT. (IMHO of course)

ransam
06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
It's cool. if you haven't been, you should go. I have been twice, but probably would skip it next time.
the fireworks are some of the best i've ever seen. the ride lines are almost non-existent. Some great character photo opportunities. all in all i liked it.

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 02:44 AM
It's something to try at least once. I really enjoyed myself. Great hot chocolate and cookies...great shows, fireworks, characters...and they made it snow on Main Street! That is cool enough right there.

forever a child
06-05-2010, 04:11 PM
thanks everyone! I still haven't decided yet.
It is a toss up between extra resort/leisure time and extra spending $ Vs. booking for the evening. We already have 3 evenings planned till somewhat late and I promised myself I would relax a bit more and spend more time at the resort! :vacation:
Hmmm...When do you think the tickets will sell out if I do decide to get them? I have been having to make too many decisions with ADR...so it becomes a bit time consuming and overwhelming! :geek: But of course still fun planning!:magic:

ANG
06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
When are you guys going again? We will be there 11/28-12/4

Ditto!

I enjoyed the Halloween party so that's why we're doing the xmas party.

r4kids
06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Unless your visiting super close to Thanksgiving or Christmas it's not too crowded. Try going Tuesday - Thursday so local crowds are not as bad. We love MNSSHP and MVMCP! The lights, parades, snow, cookies, cocoa it's so homey and festive.