PDA

View Full Version : Baby On Board

Breochaid
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
My DH and I have had sort of an exciting week. We found out Tuesday that we are expecting our 3rd child. :joy: I am very excited!

We aren't ready to tell our children or families quite yet :secret: but I am nervous about how my in-laws will take the news. I have no doubts that they will love :hug: another grandchild, but we are planning a big family vacation for October 2011. That will make this baby approximatly 8 months old then, give or take a little.

They thought we were going to wait until after the vacation and we didn't tell them that we were trying now. :blush: I am just a little anxious that they will feel like we made a mistake and should have waited. We figured why not go ahead now since all the family will be along, we would have lots of helping hands if we should need it.

Any suggestions on how to break the happy news to them? :baby:

deedeenmickey
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Congratulations!!!! You plan a vacation around a baby, not a baby around a vacation! I would not worry about that! I am sure they will be very happy for you!:thumbsup:

faline
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Michelle15
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
:baby::congrats:
I really do believe that everything happens for a reason! Enjoy:mickey::mickey:

Strmchsr
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
:congrats: How exciting for you!

dnickels
06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
As long as you're not going to pawn the baby off on the relatives for free babysitting (picture grandma and grandpa stuck at home/in a hotel room watching the baby while the rest of the family is enjoying the vacation) then I don't see why you'd have to 'break it' to them. I'm sure they'll be happy to have a new family member on the way. :thumbsup:

Georgesgirl1
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Congrats!
I don't think having an 8 month old on a big family trip should be a big deal at all. DS was 6 and 7 months last summer when we went on two big family vacations (one with 24 people, one with 9).

RedSoxFan
06-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats!!

Breochaid
06-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes! :hug:

Maybe I should have explained myself a little better. :idea:

We know they'll be happy to hear the news, we're worried they'll think we ruined our vacation. :babyroll: Because we don't have the opportunity to go every year or every other year AND we didn't want to have too much of an age gap between our children; planning it around this vacation was what worked best for us. :vacation: :baby:

We're also not planning on pawning off our children on family. We've never done that. We're of the mind you should want to be with your children and spend as much time with them as possible, not toss them off to someone else at the tip of a hat so you can do something for yourself.

OK, that's about it. Thanks again. :whew:

MNNHFLTX
06-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Congratulations! :stork:

I wouldn't worry too much about telling the in-laws. Chances are that they're excitement over the news will make them forget any plan they thought you might have had before. And if not, the bottom line is that you had to do what was comfortable for you and your husband. :)

Maybe you can get a set of mouse-ears (blank, not personalized) and break the news by telling them that you will be able to get a name embroidered on it on the next trip for the newest member of your family? Just a thought. :mickey:

vizsla
06-05-2010, 05:39 AM
Congratulatons

Puppy Mom
06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
My BF and I are going on a family cruise in November. We were disappointed to find out that his brother and family can't come because their new baby will be just under 4 months old. The cruise line does not allow kids under 6 or 8 months (I forget which).

I know everyone in our family was looking forward to having them bring the baby even though we knew it would restrict what they would be able to participate in.

I am sure your family will feel the same, if not at first, then when the time arrives.

magicalmom
07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Congratulations - how wonderful!!

I don't think a baby will ruin your trip - we took DD1 to Europe when she was 5 months old - not a problem! She was essentially adorable luggage; we just packed more lightly for ourselves to accommodate her stuff. We also took DD2 to Disney the first time when she was a couple of months older than your cherub will be - again, no problem.

I don't know if your older two were at Disney when they were babies? It's a really baby-friendly place. The baby-care centers are marvelous for nursing, changing, bottles, and have places for older siblings to be while you're taking care of baby (probably not an issue for you with multiple generations :mickey:) There are changing tables in pretty much every bathroom.

DD2 napped beautifully in the stroller, enjoyed IASW greatly, loved the fireworks, pretty much zoned out on the rest, and took her first steps on the trip (although not to Mickey.) There's something about having a baby along that makes Disney even more special.

You might see if somebody on Intercot could send you park maps; you could circle the baby stations and give them to your DH's folks along with other trip planning stuff -

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Congratulations!!! Don't worry about it! Enjoy your trip watching it through your eight month old's shining eyes! My friend brought her eight month old along and it was fine! I'm trying to convince my son and his wife that as soon as their baby is born it's time to go!!! :babyroll: