PDA

View Full Version : Switching DVC resorts - help w bags?

applecore72
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
In September we will take our first Disney trip as DVC members and will split our 16 day-stay between our home resort Kidani Village and OKW.

This may be a dumb question but if we change from one DVC resort to another during our stay and check out in the morning; can we get help from bell service with our bags? I mean - if we ask them to bring them from our room at Kidani Village to OKW - will this work?

/applecore :mickey:

kapeman
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
You should be able to call bell services, explain what you are doing and they should pick up and deliver your bags.

You also may want to have them note this when you check in.

I haven't used this service, but I know it is available.

Mickey'sGirl
06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
We did this last year. We spent a week at BWV, and then moved to OKW for a week. We called Bell Services and they took our bags and gave us a claim check, and then when we got our room at OKW, we called Bell Services and gave them our claim number and they delivered our bags. Although there is no fee for this, we did tip the porter at each end of the process... but it was easy and well worth it! :thumbsup:

dlpmikki
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
They do one transfer a day from Kidani - about 2pm so the begs won't reach OKW until later in the afternoon. They can also transfer stuff you have had in your fridge for you. As you guessed it is bell services that do this all for you. There is no charge but tipping bell services per item is a good way to go.

DizneyRox
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Switching between Disney owned and operated resorts is a snap. Call bell services in the morning of your departure day and let them know where you are going.

They can move your refrigerated items as well!

You may not have your luggage and whatnot until about 4pm, but it'll get there.

Disney won't go to the Swan or Dolphin though, you would need to call a taxi to go there. Between DVC resorts though, not a problem. We do it often, luggage, laptops, food. Only had a problem once with some rough handling of a laptop bag, but I'm not positive it was Disney, so I really can't complain.