PDA

View Full Version : Rate: Nine Dragons

bouncer
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Please tell me what you think of Nine Dragons. I would like to book an ADR for part of the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. Has anyone been there recently that could review it for me?:mickey:

HackLaSalle
06-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I ate at Nine Dragons in May of 09. I thought the food, sevice, and portions were amazing! They have a few "build your own" meals and they were a ton of food and fun to make... the seating is a little bit close together though.

akaDisneyDreamer
06-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I've not done the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package, but I've eaten at Nine Dragons and found it to be excellent. I ordered the honey sesame chicken and it was wonderful. It's one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. I've already made reservations there for our next trip this August!

kakn7294
06-03-2010, 03:56 AM
We love it - going back again in August!

ThanxForNoticin
06-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Another thumbs-up for Nine Dragons. We've eaten there several times and have always had a very good experience.

LudwigVonDrake
06-03-2010, 05:58 AM
It's okay. I can get better chinese food here in NY.

Princess'Mom
06-03-2010, 10:13 PM

I have to agree with LudwigVonDrake - nothing spectacular.

kakn7294
06-04-2010, 07:17 AM

I have to agree with LudwigVonDrake - nothing spectacular.We FINALLY have a place here that serves great Chinese food but before Taiwan 101 came into being, the only places we could get Chinese within a 45 min drive were the typical take-out places. By those standards, Nine Dragons is fantastic. And the service was great - one of the best servers we've ever encountered anywhere.

bouncer
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
You know, around here, we can only find mediocre Chinese food. :blush: What I am looking to hear is that the food is pretty good and the service was decent. I certainly can't judge by NY standards. As long as it doesn't make anyone :sick: and the service doesn't make me :mad: I will be OK with booking an ADR here. I wanted a restaurant that would be relatively close to the America pavillion and on a lower tier for pricing so that was guiding me to Nine Dragons. If anyone has recently had a bad experience I'd like to know about to help me decide. :thanks:

GreenB
06-04-2010, 11:59 AM
You know, around here, we can only find mediocre Chinese food. What I am looking to hear is that the food is pretty good and the service was decent.

Hi.
If that is the case then you will definitely enjoy Nine Dragons.
The food will be decent, nothing spectacular, but decent. It won't make you sick for sure and the service will be fine.

Enjoy.

Scar
06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
bouncer,

Go for it, you will like it. What Ludwig said is correct, but to be fair, that can be said comparing any WDW restaurant to the Boston - NYC - Phil - D.C. corridor... including V&A's.

KAT1811
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Does every one find it a good value? I was looking at the prices and found it to be a bit much for chinese. How are the portions? Large enough?

SurferStitch
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
DH and I love Nine Dragons. Food and service are both excellent. We had a very friendly and knowledgeable server when we were there a few weeks ago. He really made the experience fun.

The shrimp toast and spring roll appetizers were sooooo good, and my peppery shrimp was fabulous. Love the Tsing Tao beer... very refreshing on a hot day! Portions were plenty big for us. We didn't begin to finish our meals.

We have dined at Chinese restaurants in NY, and I feel Nine Dragons is definitely on par with them.

Bellerella
06-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Nine Dragons is a must for our family!! Definetly my favorite restaurant in WDW!!! :thumbsup:

Jared
06-15-2010, 08:28 AM
We FINALLY have a place here that serves great Chinese food but before Taiwan 101 came into being, the only places we could get Chinese within a 45 min drive were the typical take-out places.
There was no good Chinese in Pittsburgh? That's shocking, considering the size of the city. I am spoiled by New York.

We have dined at Chinese restaurants in NY, and I feel Nine Dragons is definitely on par with them.
Where in New York did you eat? If your statement is true, you could not have tried even a mediocre restaurant.

Nine Dragons is the only place in Disney I will never try again. Perhaps I am a snob about Chinese food, but I found the stuff at Nine Dragons perfectly unacceptable. I can drive two minutes and literally find infinitely better food for about half the price.

There are too many wonderful restaurants in Disney to waste time and money at Nine Dragons.

SurferStitch
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Where in New York did you eat? If your statement is true, you could not have tried even a mediocre restaurant.

Wow. Could you be any more rude and insinuating?

And yes, you are a snob.

But, to answer your question...

1. Chin Chin (NYC)
2. Grand Sichuan (on 2nd Ave.)

There are a couple others, but for the life of me I can't remember their names right now. One was near 5th Avenue, not too far from Central Park.

We get to NYC once or twice a year, so I don't eat a lot of Chinese there. But, I've eaten enough to know that I still love Nine Dragons, and stick to my original statement.

Sorry to disappoint you. :thedolls:

HoosierDisneyFan
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
My son & I ate at Nine Dragons recently during Spring Break 2010. We enjoyed our visit but not really a place I would look at as a "repeat" resturant. Disappointed at the dessert selection.

As far as NYC goes, who cares... Why is anything being compared to NYC?

lighteningqueen
06-16-2010, 01:27 AM
This was a simple question folks... Yes it is great. This is not to compare it to anything outside of Disney. You are asking if it is good for a Disney meal and the answer is yes. Do not go comparing it to anything in any city but there. You should not be disappointed for a Disney meal..Hubby had the sweet and Sour mix and said it was good and he loves sweet and sour. I had Pepper Beef and it was quite good. Good portions and the ice cream was really good. You will have a good time... Go and listen to your tummy

SurferStitch
06-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Hubby had the sweet and Sour mix and said it was good and he loves sweet and sour.

I was going to try that once, but I've had some not-so-great sweet and sour dishes elsewhere before, so I was apprehensive.

I may have to try that in October! Thanks!

wdw dude
06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I ate there in December 2009 and even though I really didn't like what I ordered, I would have no problem going back and trying something different. I thought the service was very good and attentive. Yes, it can be a little pricey, but that can be said of just about everything at WDW.

:mickey:

Donald Duck Rules
06-17-2010, 12:35 PM
ate there in sept 2009 and thought it was excellent

maryt01
06-19-2010, 12:29 PM
service good, food , uck

ASweetLov
06-20-2010, 03:53 PM
My fiance sand I LOVE Nine dragons! Must go there on every trip (3 trips and been there 3 times). Food is excellent!!! Service is excellent! I love the honey sesame chicken and my fiance is in love with the 5 spice fish. We also tried the fragrant chicken for an appetizer and it was delicious and my fiance tried the chinese beer (cant remember its name) and he loved it. :thumbsup:

MinniesMom
06-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I thought that it was just o.k.