PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Stinks!!!

crltkcagle
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I have always been a photopass fan. I use it on every trip and always return home and buy the cd. Well this year I purchased the cd before our trip and really wished I hadn't. Most of the pictures are horrible! I am talking half of my kids bodies cut off, pictures being washed out (use of flash when there shouldnt have been), and even characters heads cut off. Some are blurry too. But the biggest disaapointment was the magic pictures. For example in several magic pictures my kids aren't there, just a blue background and stich, or balloons. In other pictures my kids are there but the graphics aren't. And as far as tinkerbell in your hand goes, well what a joke that has become. She is now so tiny you can barely see her! I am really frustrated and upset that the photographers did such a horrible job taking pictures this year! I told my dh that next year I am not even going to bother with photopass, I will just take my own picture. :mad:

faline
06-02-2010, 08:47 PM
And just last night when I looked at our Photopass pics, I thought the quality was much better, overall, than pics that were taken last year! Sorry you had a bad experience!

BrerGnat
06-02-2010, 08:56 PM
We had a great experience too...what I loved the most was being able to view the pictures during the trip (either over the netbook we brought, or in the lobby of the resort) and if any didn't come out as expected, we just went back to the spot and tried again! Voila!

Sorry you were disappointed. :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm so sorry that it was awful!

Can't you get your money back from the CD, since you aren't satisfied in the least? I would most certainly let them know about the lousy pictures.

jmj18
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Mine were horrible this year too!

SurferStitch
06-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow. I 'm really sorry yours turned out so badly.

I've found I usually have about 85% turn out well, the other 15% not so good. They just can't seem to get good sharpness and color at night in front of Spaceship Earth. I make sure I hold totally still, but we're still so blurry.

I also find they have a hard time with exposure on Main Street, mostly when it's a day where it's party cloudy. You're either blown out, or too dark. That's where Photoshop and Lightroom (especially Lightroom) are a must.

If yours turned out so badly, they will probably be willing to give you a refund on the CD, or at least a partial refund. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Fastpasssteve
06-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Most of mine turned out great. A couple photos were lost. They do suggest that people check that day's photos before at the PhotoPass office near the park entrance before one leaves for the day. I wish I would have done that. If I had, I would know that those lost photos had disappeared and had them taken again another day.

DizneyRox
06-03-2010, 06:59 AM
They may be hiring for the summer rush, but should know that not everyone is a photographer.

I haven't been upset with the composition of the pictures from photopass, but the quality ( resolution, borders, etc) on the system and resulting CD aren't all that great.

paragon
06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
We have also noticed a decline in the quality if the photopass pictures. I am assuming, that the biggest change has been in the actual photographers, as it seems to me that in the earlier years of photopass, the photographers seemed to be far more experienced pros, whereas now, it seems more like the job was given to whoever applied for it, with or without prior photo experience. I also noticed, the change in quality appeared right around the time that they switched from film to digital.

Kenny1113
06-03-2010, 07:31 AM
In march I did the visa meet and greet,all of our pictures were out of focus. I thought this was because it was the location for the free picture. It's the only reason I got a picture, I would not have paid money for the out of focus pictures. Sorry to hear this is not an isolated incident. :(

faline
06-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I am assuming, that the biggest change has been in the actual photographers, as it seems to me that in the earlier years of photopass, the photographers seemed to be far more experienced pros, whereas now, it seems more like the job was given to whoever applied for it, with or without prior photo experience.

I can't speak to anyone's prior experience as I didn't see any resumes but, when we were there last month, we saw a group of obviously "new" photopass photographers being led around the Magic Kingdom. We later saw the same group taking practice pictures of each other on Main Street.

wdwluv
06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I would definitely try contacting customer service.

We got someone elses pictures in our mix of pics and I was really disappointed as our Daisy pics were missing and we had someone elses. Not even 24 hours later they'd found them and put them into our account.

So of course I can't speak for how they will respond to you, but they were very good in our situation.

We didn't have any heads cut off or anything, but I'll be curious to see the quality when we get ours. Just ordered last week.

crltkcagle
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I just got off the phone with them. And they pretty much told me too bad. They said they can't always control their flashes and that is why most of the pictures are washed out. I said what about the magic pictures with the characters missing? She said they are there on their end. Ok fine well what about the ones where my kids are missing? She said unfortunately there was a techinal error and those pictures can not be retrieved and are lost forever! I am so mad at photopass right now. I told the lady on the phone that I will never use their service again!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-03-2010, 10:11 AM
We just got back from our trip, and overall, I was happy with the pictures. Waaay better than when we were there in December.

My big thing is to check the pictures frequently, before we are done, so we can go back if they are not. I also hit alot of different photographers ~ that way even if one is bad, I have other choices. It has worked out pretty well so far . . . :D

i'm grumpy
06-03-2010, 10:38 AM
:( I hope you took some pics of your own. It did notice new photogs. We have only glanced at ours but I did comment on the amount of floor and sky in them. :rant:

MidnTPK
06-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Can't you get your money back from the CD, since you aren't satisfied in the least?
Yes, you can get your money back on a prepaid CD. I prepaid the CD for my last trip, but my toddler would not cooperate for pictures. So we only had about 5 pictures taken the whole trip. So after I returned home I requested a refund and promptly received it.

Daddy Mouse
06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
We did PP just last August and we discussed it for our upcoming trip next week. I found that PP wass an exceptional deal. The pictures varied depending on the photographer. We only had two pictures in almost 300 taken that were low quality. I would say for us that was a good deal. I just hated waiting for the photographers. Sorry it didn't turn out for you, but I would try to get a refund. You'll never know until you ask.

PETE FROM NYC
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
DW and I did photopass last September. The first and only time we ever used it. We were satisfied with what we got.
DWs only complaint was the price.

Imagineer1981
06-03-2010, 01:16 PM
wow, sad to hear about this, and especially that they won't help you out Kelly, that is just bad on Disney's part.

I also think they changed the pay structure. Before photopass, the photographers I believe were commission based, making them want to take your picture and get the best they can. Once photopass came out the photographers went to salary I believe and now people just line up for pics and they don't work as hard.

TheVBs
06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm so sorry about your pictures! :( I would be really upset too. You should definitely be able to get a refund on your CD, I believe that's part of the deal when purchasing.

Good suggestions to check the pictures before you leave the parks, but really, that's one of the reasons we love Photopass, it saves us that time.

i'm grumpy
06-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, before pp we stood in line FOREVER because some woman couldn't make up her mind on a pic. :blowup:

beksy
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow...sorry for your terrible experience. We've used it twice now with good results each time. Of course, I also hunt down every photopass photographer even if we've already had our picture taken in that spot or a similar spot by a different photographer as a "back-up" system. Hope something works out for you.