PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Viewing World of Color

NotaGeek
06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
This great info was just posted on the DisneyParks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/world-of-color-viewing-tips/):

Now that the premiere of this new nighttime spectacular is less than two weeks away, we’re answering some of the questions you’ve asked us here on the Disney Parks Blog. How can I see the show? Will there be a Disney FASTPASS service for “World of Color“? Hopefully, these tips will be helpful as you’re planning your trip to the Disneyland Resort.

There are three ways to secure a spot for the show:

“World of Color” Disney’s FASTPASS Ticket – FASTPASS tickets for “World of Color” will be available each morning at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. Guests can insert their park tickets into the terminal to obtain a FASTPASS ticket to view “World of Color.” As with other FASTPASS attractions, there will be a limited number of FASTPASS tickets available for the show. Note: guests will not be able to pick a specific show time. FASTPASS tickets will first be distributed for the earlier show, and after those have been distributed, FASTPASS tickets will then be distributed for the later show. When all of the day’s “World of Color” FASTPASS tickets have been distributed, Grizzly River Run terminals will convert back to distributing Grizzly River Run FASTPASS tickets.

Tip: If you would like to see the show on the day of its premiere, June 11, here are a few things you should know about getting a “World of Color” FASTPASS ticket. If you arrive before park opening, you may park in the Pumba parking lot on Disney Way and, beginning at 7 a.m., gather at the Main Entrance to Disney California Adventure park. When Disney California Adventure park opens to the public, guests lined up for FASTPASS will be walked into the park and over to the FASTPASS terminals. As always, theme park admission will be required to enter the park to obtain a FASTPASS ticket and to view the show.

“World of Color” Picnic Meals – You can also secure reserved viewing by ordering a special boxed picnic meal. Picnic meals may be ordered online – www.disneyland.com – or by walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They are not available for order via the (714) 781-DINE line.

Online orders may be placed up to 60 days in advance but may not be placed on the same day as redemption. The meals may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Subject to availability, guests who order Picnic meals online will be assigned to the evening’s first show, and guests who make a walk-up purchase will be assigned to that evening’s second show.
Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: “The All American” (cold honey-stung fried chicken), “The Taste of Asia” (chilled miso-glazed salmon), “The European Antipasto” (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and “The Mediterranean Vegetarian” (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options for chidren ages 3-9 include “The Junior All American” (chicken), “The Lunchbox Classic” (peanut butter and jelly) and “The Little Squirt’s Box” (apple wedges, string cheese).
All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required.

Prix Fixe “World of Color” Dinners – Prix fixe meals with “World of Color” Preferred Reserved Viewing are available at both the newly redesigned Wine Country Trattoria and Ariel’s Grotto restaurants. Guests may order from a selection of Italian cuisine at Wine Country Trattoria ($39.99 for adults; $12.99 for children ages 3-9), or a varied menu of seafood, meat and vegetarian options at Ariel’s Grotto ($36.99 for adults; $20.99 for children ages 3-9). Both restaurants offer Preferred Reserved Viewing for “World of Color.” Reservations: (714) 781-DINE. Seatings are at specified times and space is limited. No early or late admissions. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts. Separate theme park admission is required.

There is one more option. If you are unable to obtain Disney’s FASTPASS tickets or reserve dinner packages for “World of Color,” you may still view the show from other viewing locations on the boardwalk side of Paradise Bay.

**All information including benefits, restrictions, prices and show times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Mufasa
06-02-2010, 03:04 PM
A couple of things not mentioned in the blog post and subject to change:

First, the World of Color fastpasses are extremely limited. Also, they are not necessarily on a first come, first serve basis- meaning, that there is an algorithm that will randomize which section you'll be put in (so those who rush to the fastpass kiosks will not necessarily be assigned the "best" seating in the reserved area for fastpasses).

Also wanted to make sure that it is noted that as far as the cold "picnic" reserved option that the online reservations will be accepted for the first showing of World of Color, and walk-up/same-day picnic options will be made available for the second showing that day.

If there is a 3rd showing of World of Color scheduled on a particular evening there will be no fastpass or reserved seating options for that showing.

Finally, as for the term "seating" as far as the dining packages for Ariel's Grotto or the Wine Country Trattoria- my understanding is that guests should be advised that the particular viewing areas are really designated as standing and are not truly sit-down for the show as are the other reserved areas.

Final tip- World of Color is a long show- roughly 27 minutes. It has a quick pace to it so it is over before you know it, but the show duration is much longer than any other show before it like Fantasmic (even after the tweaks and cuts made to get the show to its final running time).

NotaGeek
06-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mufasa ... I am SO excited to see this and I am really :( that I can't get there for the premier next week.

NewDVCowner
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll need to look into this for my trip later this summer!

2Epcot
06-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the additional information Mufasa. I'll be there for one of the previews next week. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the show.

Dare To Dream
06-10-2010, 11:37 PM
We saw bits of dry runs in May from our room in Paradise Pier. Amazing!!
We have booked the Tratatoria package for July and was told that it is standing room only. Not sure why Disney would offer a "premium viewing package" that entails standing for a long time. We went this route thinking it would provide a place to sit like you get with the Fantasmic package in WDW. I asked about guests that can not stand that long. The poor CM had no response. So, I guess the only option is to try and fast pass this and hope for a seat.

On behalf of those guests with disabilities that don't warrant a wheel chair but that would keep them from standing for this length of time - Disney - please rethink this! :(

Mufasa
06-11-2010, 03:27 AM
We have booked the Tratatoria package for July and was told that it is standing room only. Not sure why Disney would offer a "premium viewing package" that entails standing for a long time. We went this route thinking it would provide a place to sit like you get with the Fantasmic package in WDW. I asked about guests that can not stand that long. The poor CM had no response. So, I guess the only option is to try and fast pass this and hope for a seat.

There is no real seating anywhere in Paradise Park- dining package, picnic, fastpass or otherwise.

If you book a premium viewing package, that will put you towards the center of the viewing area (priority is given first to the prix fixe dining packages as they're the most expensive option so they have the best selection of viewing for the show).

Guests in wheelchairs would be directed to the front of their respective viewing area (the park is separated into different levels or tiers) where they could remain seated through the show- but there really isn't a particular designated separate viewing area for guests in wheelchairs (those guests would wait for their designated section but then be given an option to move to the front of that section as everyone else will remain standing).

My understanding is there are some limited benches available in some areas where guests who may have conditions that limit them from standing and waiting for the show could make use of by seeing a CM (and may help to have a GAC from guest relations with you) but once the show begins they would need to stand to view the show.

Mufasa
06-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Some general information about finding the best viewing spots for World of Color-

First, being all the way in the front isn't necessarily the best spot to view the show. World of Color's scale is so large that if you're right up in the front, while you would get a great view of the platform and the effects at water level the show actually would be beyond your visual field (like sitting all the way in the front row of a movie theater) that you actually might have a better view of the overall show from one of the higher tiers in Paradise Park.

Once you're in a particular tier though, there is an advantage to being towards the front of your tier- since you stand in the viewing area, while the area is built in tiers, it is not graduated/sloped so unless you're tall you would have to see over the person in front of you. Also, CMs will direct parents that children should not be placed on shoulders to obstruct the view of those behind you.

If you grab a fastpass you're assigned to a designated area, but that area may consist of several tiers and you are free to select which tier you want to be in, so take a look around and you may want to try to get to the tier that will allow you to be in the front of that particular tier.

There are also effects which take place within the tiers themselves where being further back allows you to experience more of the show.

The only drawback is that if you are standing towards the front of an area, you may get wet (certainly face some mist). And if you are in the lowest tier, you will likely get fairly wet. If you are standing along the boardwalk by the water's edge, you'll get soaked, so plan accordingly.