PDA

View Full Version : My June Top Ten

MOJoe
06-02-2010, 09:47 AM
My family has taken many trips to WDW the first week of June, but not this year. :( So as these days go by, i find myself thinking about how much i love WDW this time of year. Here are my top ten.

10. My wife who teaches, and my 2 boys are out of school, so it's easy to schedule a trip.

9. Crowds are big, but not nearly as big as Spring Break.

8. Sure it's hot, but not as hot as July. I refuse to swim in cool weather, and some of my best memories involve a Disney Swimming Pool.

7. No need to pack warm clothes or heavy coats.

6. Those thunderstorms can empty a park faster than a Tornado drill in Tulsa.

5. All the adult beverages in Epcot seem just a bit more refreshing.

4. Mickey Bars really taste better when it's above 90 degrees.

3. My boys and i can see a Stanley Cup game together at the ESPN Club.

2. My boys and i can see a NBA Finals game together at the ESPN Club. Yeah, we like sports.

And our favorite reason to head down to WDW this time of year.....

1. We all love Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

I don't know if we'll make it to WDW this year, but for sure, i'm going to make plans for June 2011. Enjoy your summer trips all! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
8. Sure it's hot, but not as hot as July. I refuse to swim in cool weather, and some of my best memories involve a Disney Swimming Pool.

7. No need to pack warm clothes or heavy coats.

These are two reasons we love WDW in June too. We tend to either go in June or go around Thanksgiving. The two things my family dislikes about going in Nov. is not being able to swim anytime we want. And I hate having to pack so much because you never know what the weather will be like. We pack so much lighter when traveling in June. We'll be arriving on Sunday and after reading your post I'm even more excited!!

retiredfigment
06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
When I was teaching, we always went in the first weeks of June. We loved it for all the reasons you gave. After I retired, we went the first week of December. I saw so many things I had never seen before because of the crowds and heat. However, I LOVE to go whenever!!(Except the time I went and the average temp was 100 in the shade:blush:

dinahvixen
06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
We've always gone in September and love the warm weather and low crowds - Next year, though, we're going early June - in fact, a year from today! Our plan is to arrive mid afternoon a year from today, and then spend 5 days - so I am glad you mentioned that the crowds aren't too bad - I am a little nervous about them!

Goofy4TheWorld
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
4. Mickey Bars really taste better when it's above 90 degrees.

I agree! I ate 12 Mickey Bars on my June trip in 2004, but only ate ONE in March of 2007. Cool weather and Disney just don't mix for me.

I love 90 degrees and Mickey Bars!

Ms. Mode
06-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Yeah, and August is hot too! But I love it! :mickey: