PDA

View Full Version : Which Value is best for DS5 & DD7?

Dizneydreamin'
06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I got a pin code and I'm trying to convince my non-Disney husband we need to go to Disney. I have never been to a value before. Which do you like for young kids?

Thanks.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
The themeing at All Star Movies would be the most familiar to them. That said, the pop jet area and the pools at POP Century will be a favorite. We like pop because it is newer and has more to offer.

Celakip
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
POP, definitely.:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-01-2010, 07:42 PM
They are really all about the same. There are advantages and disadvantages to each value. You just basically pick which theme you like best and you'll be fine. Pop Century is better for adults, though kids like the "larger than life" icons, too, even if they don't know what a lot of them are. The biggest problem with Pop is some of the rooms can be quite a walk, which can be an issue with little ones at the end of the day. I didn't find All-Star Sports or Movies (except the Herbie building) to be as much of a walk to any part.

Ms. Mode
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
We like POP ! :mickey:

Mickeydream
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Another vote for POP! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Pop Pop Pop
:pirate:

E-OR
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Our family has stayed at all of the values over the years we have been going to WDW. Our favorite is ASmovies. My kids (and husband and I) love the theming, pool, and food court. We always get a preferred room so we have short walk to the food court and pool. In the evening they set up a movie screen by the pool to watch movies. Our family is probably one of the few that did not care for Pop Century. But if I had a chance to go to WDW I would pretty much stay anywhere and be happy.

Disney4us2
06-01-2010, 09:47 PM
All Star Movies:thumbsup:

I took DD when she was 5 and she just loved that hotel. We stayed there again when we went for her 7th birthday. Again it was a great choice. Both times we were in the preferred room in the Fantasia II building (the pink one). Never had a problem with the busses leaving the hotel. Sometimes a wait leaving the parks, but that can happen at any hotel bus stop.:mickey:

Michelle15
06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
:thumbsup:Pop Century:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Our favorite Value Resort is Movies - Although we were housed in the Dalmatians building, DS as a toddler loved to visit RC, Buzz & Woody! :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
AS Movies is my favorite of the Values. Bonus for kids is the familiarity of the movie characters and props, particularly the Toy Story Section. :thumbsup:

brownie
06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd go with All-Star Movies. The kids should enjoy all the movie references.

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 03:11 AM
I believe that any of the All-Stars would be great fun for your kids and not a huge walk at the end of a tired, fun-filled day. And your husband needs to explore the concept of compromise. Does Dear Husband like Disney? No. Do the rest of you? Yes. Do we always go to Disney for vacation? No. So, every once-in-a-while Dear Husband will have to put up with it and paste a big, fat smile on his face, and get with the (Disney) program. Learning to compromise and find joy in making his wife and children happy is also a part of loving. It's part of putting other people's joy in front of your own sometimes. And there will come a day when your children will not want to go on vacation with you at all. He should really seize the moment before Cat Stevens starts singing.

pox24
06-04-2010, 08:12 AM
No contest... POP:thumbsup:

momof3+twins
06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I would say Movies but I can't talk my kids into staying anywhere but Pop so it's up to you...go with mom's advice or the kids!!

eeyorepoohfan
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
:thumbsup:POP!!! This is the only value I've stayed at at loved it! Plus, the rooms are all getting updated right now to include flat screens and a nice looking decor inside! Can't wait to see the new rooms in person! Just my :twocents:

LVT
06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
My DH went from skeptic to fan at age 50. Maybe yours will love it too. The joy of the kids is always a reward.