PDA

View Full Version : What Land do you Start With when your at WDW?

finaldynasty
05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
My family and I in our past four trips have start our first trip with MK and Adventureland. This year we decided we would do the reverse and start with Tomorrowland. When I was a kid we would start with Dumbo and work our way to FrontierLand. What park, area or Land do you start your trip with when you are at WDW?

Disney4us2
05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't remember which land we start with at MK. At Disneyland we start with Tomorrowland so DD can get her Captain EO fix.

Our first day park visit is to Epcot in the am/afternoon and then to MK for the evening,

rpayton
05-31-2010, 09:25 PM
We usually go to Frontierland to get on the rides first.

LudwigVonDrake
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Either Adventureland or Tomorrowland :mickey:

Pop Centurion
05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
It varies for each visit to the park. But we tend to go into Tomorrow Land first a majority of the time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
The very first day we usually head over to Liberty Square for a ride on the Haunted Mansion. Our first "full" MK day usually starts in Fantasyland (even though DD is 12 ... still doesn't feel like Disney until we do Fantasyland), DH slips over to Frontierland, and then as a family we go to Tomorrowland.

dizne4me
06-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Our tradition is to take a roundtrip train ride and then we head over to Haunted Mansion from there it's wherever our feet take us.

DizneyRox
06-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Starts with AK and ends with AK

Jessie
06-01-2010, 07:18 AM
We usually go to Frontierland to get on the rides first.

:thumbsup: Always been my mode of attack too.

grumpyguy
06-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Always fantasyland and always peter pan first!
The classic "dark rides" really remind me of disney and transports me back to being a kid again:thumbsup:

DVC2004
06-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Always Adeventureland! LOL we did start in Tomorrowland once but I felt "wrong" because it was in the future. Yes, I know I am crazy.:secret:

disneymom15
06-01-2010, 09:12 AM
We usually head over to tomorrowland.

Stu29573
06-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Adventureland! I agree that Tomorrowland would "feel wrong..."

c&d
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Always MK on a heading for Space Mtn. Sometimes with stops at Buzz and Laugh Floor.

TikiLounger
06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Typically, we start in the MK with Pirates as our first ride. Then, we go over to Frontierland for the rides, then on to the Haunted Mansion, and finally, Tomorrowland. I can't leave the MK without a walk up The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, too! Seriously...I think I may have to live there, one day. ;)

TikiLounger
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh...and I just need to add...14 days, people! 14 days and counting!!!!:party:

Snickerdoodle
06-01-2010, 10:37 AM
We normally head over to Liberty Square:mickey:

Dragongirlx
06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Fantasyland or Frontierland - although my sister always wants to go to adventureland to go on POTC but I usually persuade her that my way is best

KAT1811
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
It used to be Adventureland but then we learned that the wait times for Fantasyland were the shortest first thing in the morning. So now we head there first wait maybe 5-10 minutes in each line and then head back to adventureland and go from there. Then when we hit Fantasyland the wait times are at least 30 minutes each and we've already done it!

mom2mickeyfan
06-01-2010, 11:43 AM
We always travel in June and we have a 4 year old so we make a bee-line to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo, then Peter Pan and then ride Winnie the Pooh or fastpass it. Then we head to Toontown for rope drop to ride Barnstormer (last year 3 times) and to see Mickey. After that we usually go back to Fantasyland to get the other rides and then do lunch. After lunch we are a little more relaxed. This year we will have some GAD fastpasses so we are hoping to ride some of the things we usually miss since we've had DS.

mjm12000
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I always end up starting with Tomorrowland, it is my favorite section of the park at both Disney World's magic Kingdom and Disneyland. I head straight for Spacemountain.

Rekenna
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
It depends what time we arrive at MK. If it's first thing in the morning then Fantasyland, if at night then Tomorrowland-it's so beautiful at night with all the neon. If middle of the day we go to my fave Liberty Square!:mickey:

LandFan
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Most of the time we start in Tomorrowland... Buzz, TTA, Space, COP...

Mousemates
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Tomorrowland where we ride Space Mountain, get a fast pass for space mountian to ride later, and then head over to ride buzz before working our way through the dark rides of fantasyland.

finaldynasty
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh...and I just need to add...14 days, people! 14 days and counting!!!!:party:

My family is right behind you...18 days and counting!!! Is there a way to make the time go faster?

:mickey:

ANG
06-01-2010, 03:39 PM
We walk right up to the Castle they usually Tomorrowland

disneykid@hrt
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
After I dry my eyes and pull my eyes off of the Castle... We usually head over to Pirates and make our way around. I can kick-off in Epcot too... Hop on Spaceship Earth and I'm there.

We starting out at DHS one time and walked around for about 2 hours. It wasn't the same. We went back to the hotel for dinner, and headed over to MK!!! :mickey:

joonyer
06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
If we get there at Park opening, we always head to FrontierLand and Splash Mountain first. It's our favorite WDW attraction so we get several rides in before the lines build up in the queue.

Disney Doodle
06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
We always take the train to Toon Town Fair. Not sure whether we will be able to do this when we go in August. We will have to see how far the refurb has gone.

IloveDisney71
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Usually Adventureland is our first stop. Every once in a while we will go to Tomorrowland first.

syndrome
06-02-2010, 11:34 AM
My son and I always begin in Tomorrowland. We hit Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, and then TTA. We have done that everytime we have gone to MK.

brownie
06-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I think we've always started in Tomorrowland when we've gone to the Magic Kingdom. I like to start with Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Daisy'sMom
06-02-2010, 12:20 PM
We always start with AdventureLand and Pirates. A few times we tried other lands but feel strange when we do. Guess it's just our thing.:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
06-02-2010, 02:50 PM
tomorrowland is always my first stop!

disneygirl87
06-02-2010, 03:41 PM
We normally start with Adventureland. We've found that (for one reason or another) it's easier to work from Adventureland to Tomorrowland. I think it's probably because everyone starts in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland, leaving us to hit those areas when most people have moved on.

CaptSmee
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
It depends on who's with me. If my brother is with me we have to hit Tomorrowland first or else he's not happy. If he's not with us, we'll usually hit Fantasyland first. It's the best way to avoid lines, screaming kids, and being run over by strollers. :blush:

Love of Disney
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
After the exciting walk down Main St, we stick to the right and go to Tomorrowland and work our way around.
:cool:

Fastpasssteve
06-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I always head to Fantasyland first...walk through the castle...then ride Peter Pan or It's A Small World! So excited. IASW will be opening from its scheduled refurb on our third day there...so we will need to make a new beginning ritual this Fall.

DisneyorBust
06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
We normally start our WDW vacation at either Magic Kingdom or Epcot.
If it's MagicKingdom, we start in Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean.
When at Epcot, we start with Spaceship Earth.

Ms. Mode
06-03-2010, 08:32 AM
We always start at MK, and we always head straight for Space Mountain...it's my favorite...and they like to keep me happy.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
06-03-2010, 04:33 PM
We always start at MK and usually go to Adventureland first. Although, next time I think I'd like to start by going on the train.

EpcotFan182
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I usually do the big rides I want to do first, so I jump from land to land. After that though I usually like to start in Adventureland and work my way around :mickey:

kemps@wdw
06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
In all our previous visits to the World, we have driven down (14 hrs) and would usually spend the 1st night @ the DTD area, have a light supper, do a little shopping and retire fairly early. Then the next morning (EARLY) we'd move to our WDW "home" (WL), check our luggage, and head over to MK for the morning. We head up Main St, and cut over to Adventureland and on to Frontierland.

finaldynasty
06-06-2010, 09:44 AM
It is amazing to see that most folks start with MK instead of another Park! Truly interesting!

MushuGrl
06-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I just realized that we DO always start in Adventureland! Since my first trip! Hah. Habit.

crltkcagle
06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Every trip we head straight for POC! LOL Its not about what land but what ride for us.

Disney Day Dreamer
06-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Fronteirland! Always Splash Mountain first, then Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... everything else after that is negotiable but the first two are not.
And, maybe it's odd, but I have to start out at the Magic Kingdom and end at the Magic Kingdom no matter how long I'm staying or it just doesn't feel "right".

Victor Kelly
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Magic Kingdom.

Frontierland and hit BTMRR, and Splash.
Adventureland: POTC
Liberty Square: HM
Then Lunch in Mile Long Bar

after that is it Fantasy Land then Tommorrow Land.

Pigtunia
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM
After we arrive from MCO, we check-in to the hotel, unpack, and then head straight over to MK, wher we start at Adventureland and get some Dole Whips. We do a bunch of things in Adventure/Frontier/Liberty Square before heading over to the Polynesian Resort for first night dinner at 'Ohana.

We we go back to MK for a full day, later in our trip, we head to Tomorrowland first.

tinka
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Always start at Splash Mountain...it is my son's favorite ride EVER!!!! Then we work our way clockwise around the park.

finaldynasty
06-08-2010, 08:23 PM
And, maybe it's odd, but I have to start out at the Magic Kingdom and end at the Magic Kingdom no matter how long I'm staying or it just doesn't feel "right".

I don't think it is odd at all. My DW feels the same way, because she visited so often when it was only MK and Epcot. Given the options her family chose MK to start with everytime!

Victor Kelly
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
The very first park on our honeymoon trip will be Magic Kingdom. We will be arriving in the afternoon around 1pm. So, our first day is going to be easy. We will hit whatever is not too busy but I expect the first 2 are going to be Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Dinner is at Liberty tree Tavern, so we do not have to leave the park. And it is an EMH night too so we will make out pretty darn well.

Plex
06-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I haven't really been enough times to have a routine, but my favorite was hitting Adventureland first and heading straight over to Pirates :mickey:

DisneyDoug2
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Either Adventureland or Tomorrowland

disneymom2000
06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I start by walking down Main Street towards the castle to get that first great feeling of being home and loving Disney. Then we go into FantasyLand and head to Toontown to catch the train back around to the front of the Magic Kingdom so we can walk the Main Street once more before starting all the rides.:blush:

Gibbs
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Adventure Land. :pirate:

Kaps
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Tomorrowland. Only 146 days to go :number1:

AllDisney
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
We always had to Pirates of the Caribbean:number1:

eeyorepoohfan
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I too have to have the Magic Kingdom as our first AND last park of our trip! It makes me happy! :cloud9: It's just me and my DH. Depending on our day, we will either hit Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. We will usually just do Fantasyland rides one day of our trip (unless we see really short wait times on other days). So whatever day that is, we go and have fun being kids again!! If it's not our Fantasyland day, then it's straight to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain. We will usually try to get on a couple of times (maybe even grab a Fast Pass for later), then usually go over to Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc. We seem to have to hit the big ones first! Any rides we really want to hit, we make sure we do early in the day. Then we just see what we walk by with little wait times and hop in line! I use the same strategy when we go to Disneyland too ;) :thumbsup:

Kathy Jetson
06-13-2010, 01:01 AM
We go to frontier land and get fast passes for thunder mountain and then go right to adventure land to ride potc.

CuteAsMinnie
06-13-2010, 09:07 AM
We usually head directly to Fantasyland!!!! This year however (6 days and counting:D) We just may break tradition and high tail it to Haunted Mansion since it was closed during our last trip!:)

AdventurerKim
06-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Fantasyland if Dumbo will be the first ride of the day or Tomorrowland if it's a Buzz morning. A year ago today we were there! :cloud9:

bringbackhorizons
06-13-2010, 12:49 PM
For us it's MK, straight to the HM and then work through Fantasyland, then Tomorrowland. It's not a conscious thing at all it's how we always do it.

Minniemo
06-13-2010, 08:24 PM
[ What park, area or Land do you start your trip with when you are at WDW?[/QUOTE]

It has been our tradition to ride "Pirates of the Carribbean" as our first ride/attraction of our trip. Plan to keep the tradition this July too. Can't wait! :D

finaldynasty
06-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Just got back from my trip yesterday, and we started at AK instead of MK first thing on our first day. It was my wifes choice, but it was an interesting change. We took a mid day break then headed to Epcot because of a dinner reservation. when we finally got to MK on our second day we started in Fantasyland with Winnie the Pooh and the Tea Cups.

indytraveler
06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Adventureland and POTC.

dumbo ears
06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
ive had a tradtion since i started going to always ride the haunted mansion first when going to the mk

pokci
06-29-2010, 09:22 AM
The first "ride" is DME! :magic:

Okay, then in the "world" I start with EPCOT, to me it's just the most serene and pleasant park, nice way to ease into the vacation. At EPCOT, I start with Living with the Land boat cruise, an old favorite. Then Soarin', Imagination, Energy, Seas and then head over to Norway for my first lunch at Og Kringla Cafe.

The second day is MK, as a PP said, I take the train all the way around :train: then walk up mainstreet to the castle then head to Frontierland and go counter clockwise.

DHS is my least favorite but the first stop at DHS is Little Mermaid show. Love it! :bubbles:

At AK, it's Rain Forest for an early breakfast, then off to Harambe Village for the Safari. :elephant:

At DTD, it's always Wolfgang Puck's (Wolfie's) Express as the first stop. :eat:

152 days! :tree:

Loweschevy
06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
We usually head for Adventureland, but this year, Tommorowland to ride the new Space Mountain! The I think we will hit Frontierland for some more thrills

whitney37354
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
We started in Fantasyland and worked our way to Tommorowland. The next day, we started in Adventureland, and then went to Liberty Square and Frontierland.

When we go again, I'd say we would start in Adventureland and work our way around clockwise since all our favorite rides are there.

darthmacho
06-30-2010, 04:54 PM
If it was my choice, I'd start EVERY vacation with Tomorrowland by first going on Space Mountain, but my kids have overruled me and now the new tradition is going to be starting in Fantasyland with Dumbo.

I suppose though, since our new tradition is also to start out by having breakfast at Crystal Palace, does that techinically count as Main Street USA? :secret:

Laughin' place
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Our first is dictated by our family tradition, but not necessarily by my preference.
Since my boys were old enough to express a preference, Space Mt has always been our first ride (tho not even really their very favorite). My new bride loves to start with the 'grand circle tour) on the Railroad. Our compromise on our last trip (first "joint" trip with darling bride and my sons) was to take the RR to SM.Pretty great start to my tastes.;)

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Our first day is at AK and the safari is always our first ride. So the land we always head to first is Africa
At MK our first ride is usually HM or POTC. So we always go left at the castle.
Epcot is usually Soarin so Future World.

WDW24
07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
My family start at MK and either Adventureland with Pirates or Tomorrowland with Buzz.

magicalmom
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Usually it's MK. DH and DDs start in Frontierland, and I start in Tomorrowland, picking up their FastPasses to SM, and having TTA completely to myself. (I'm not supposed to do most "thrill" rides. Sometimes I cheat, though.) I go around several times. I wish they'd let me bring on a cup of coffee . . .

DisneyorBust
07-06-2010, 05:31 AM
If we arrive in the afternoon, we start our WDW vacation in Epcot as lines for SSE are normally short, we hit here first.
If, by chance, we arrive late and our first park day is the nest morning, then it's off to the Magic Kingdom and directly to Adventureland and PoTC!

chefmickey3
07-06-2010, 07:54 AM
MK - Liberty Sqaure for Haunted Mansion - and then wherever we feel like going. In the past Frontierland or Adventureland, but this year my youngest DS is 44" so it may be to Space Mountain - trying to convince the rest of the family to do that after HM!

Figment104
07-06-2010, 12:12 PM
As a few others have stated I have to start and end my trips at the MK. As for what land we hit first it's either Adventureland and POTC or Liberty Square and HM. It depends on wait time but we usually will check out the line for POTC and then decide from there if it'll be over to HM. So really no matter what, I guess our first land is Adventureland! Can't wait only 73 more days! :cloud9: :mickey:

xo0ally
07-06-2010, 01:58 PM
We always sart at Adventureland and ride Pirates of the Caribbean when we get "home".:mickey: