PDA

View Full Version : First Post by a Future Disney Intern!

RememberTheMagic
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone! :hi:

So I've read these boards for years but finally decided to stop lurking and sign up! I love all the helpful information I find and I seem to learn something new every time I visit.

I'm 21 and a junior in college, and have been on 20+ trips to WDW with my parents and older sister. I've basically grown up there and can honestly call it my 2nd home... which is why when I move there in August for the Disney College Program I doubt I'll have any home sickness!!!

I'll be working in one of the full service restaurants, but unfortunately, I won't find out exactly which location until the day I check in. As soon as I find out I'll let yall know so you can stop by and say hello if you're there! I'd love to meet some fellow Intercotees!

I'm so excited and grateful I get to live for 5 months in my favorite place on Earth. Hopefully I'll learn some cool secrets when I'm there that I can share with you guys! :secret:

Hopefully see you in the World soon!

faline
05-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey: Best of luck to you in your placement!

TinkiTime1989
05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! I'm going to Disney in August for the CP as well! Glad to see I'm not the only one on here!

Joannelet
05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
I am a CP alumni from Fall of 98. You will have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures :)
Remember you will get out of it what you put into it. So do as much as you can while you are there....if you are there in the fall and enjoy singing I highly recommend singing in the candlelight processional! It is soooo worth it!!!
Also if you get a chance to volunteer at the Give Kids the World program. It is a wonderful thing.
I have such fond memories and made lifelong friends as a CP. I can only hope that you will all gain the same.
Enjoy!!! :)

joanna71985
05-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I am a 6-time CP alumni, and am now FT (have been so for 2 weeks now). The CP is such a great experience. I learned so much from mine.

Can't wait to hear about your experiences, and where you'll be working. :)

Dsnygirl
05-31-2010, 03:59 AM
:mickey: Congratulations, and :welcome: to Intercot!!

I hope you have a wonderful experience... I'm hoping my DD's decide to do this when they get older!! :cloud9:

plutosnana
05-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Aloha and Welcome!

brownie
05-31-2010, 01:27 PM
:welcome:& :congrats: ! Good luck with the College Program!

RedSoxFan
05-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Congrats. Sounds like it will be a great experience.:mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Welcome and Congrats!
My son is a Junior in College and asked about the CP at his school but his advisor told him the university doesn't recognize the program because he would not be placed in his major so they don't do it.:(:(
He was really bummed out because he really wanted to do the CP.
He is thinking of looking into do the CP during the summer when school is out so he can get the experience and put on his resume that he worked at disney!
have a great time.

joanna71985
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome and Congrats!
My son is a Junior in College and asked about the CP at his school but his advisor told him the university doesn't recognize the program because he would not be placed in his major so they don't do it.:(:(
He is thinking of looking into do the CP during the summer when school is out so he can get the experience and put on his resume that he worked at disney!
have a great time.

Unfortunately, currently the summer CP is only for CP alumni (people who have done the full-length CP). I would have him consider doing the CP the semester after graduating, so the school wouldn't have to get involved.

TinkiTime1989
05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome and Congrats!
have a great time.

He might be able to become a transient student and get credits through another school. That's what I will be doing because my school doesn't give credit. I'll get credit through another local university and then transfer the credits back to my school.

pdrlkr
06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
:welcome:

princessgirls
06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Congratulations and enjoy your experience!!

Julie:mickey:

momef3grls
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Congrats! My daughter is there right now and she is cooking at the Tusker House. This is her 2nd year and she loves it. She just got there on Tuesday. Enjoy your time there, it is a lot to learn but a great time.

joanna71985
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Congrats! My daughter is there right now and she is cooking at the Tusker House. This is her 2nd year and she loves it. She just got there on Tuesday. Enjoy your time there, it is a lot to learn but a great time.

Ooo, fun! I love Tusker House

vizsla
06-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

WDWFanatic
06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Congrats! Hope you love it.