PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dining Question

3AMommy
05-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I just made my ADR's today and I got a ressie at Hollywood and Vine for 5pm on a night when Fantasmic! is showing at 6:30 pm

My question is: Will I get priority seating to Fantasmic! ???

It didn't say anything about it when I made my ressies so I wasn't sure.

The only reason I made the reservation at Hollywood and Vine is so that we can get the tickets for the seating to Fantasmic!

Any advice would be appreciate...

Thanks!

3AMommy:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I have never done the Fantasmic! package, but I beleie it's a differnt booking than just an ADR at a participating restaurant.

BTW - I'd pass on Hollywood and Vine, I don't much care for the place. I thought the food and service were poor. I'd have a tough time paying normal price for that slop again, never mind a premium for the Fantasmic! seating.

Strmchsr
05-30-2010, 07:04 PM
You do have to specifically book a Fantasmic dining package. It's not priority seating, but it is a guaranteed seat. Not necessarily great seats, but at least you know you'll get in.

faline
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd call to rebook for a Fantasmic Dinner package. You might find this additional information (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp) helpful.

KylesMom
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I would be very concerned that you wouldn't make it to the special entrance in time to get in for the show. The one time we ate at H&V for the Fantasmic! package (granted, it was back in 2000), we were seated 20 minutes past our ADR time. Taking that into account, as well as needing to get to the special entrance 30+ minutes before show time, I too would recommend re-booking for an earlier dining time. Make sure you're booking a "Fantasmic Dinner Package" and not just a ressie - as others have mentioned, these are two totally different things with varied price structures. You won't get the Fantasmic! pass to "bypass" the lines if you just make a standard dinner reservation at H&V. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

3AMommy
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much for the advice! I will get on the phone and see what I can do.

We have eaten at H&V before and while the service left a lot to be desired the food was fine.

Like I said, I am only reserving in order to get seats to Fantasmic!

Better than waiting 2 hours in the amphitheater with a toddler.

Can't wait to see Mickey!!!!

3AMommy:mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
I called to make a Fantasmic Dining res a few weeks ago at Moma Melrose and there wasn't anything available on the evening time frame I wanted. Then I was told that the package is not even preferred seating for the Fantasmic show at all, it only allows you to go to the front of the line, (so I guess because of that you could get the best seats.) I was also told that the showplace is very large with plenty of seating and there were no bad seats. I decided not to waste 2 ts on it and made reservations elsewhere.

AlwaysDisney
05-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I just booked my ADR's today and I got Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I had to call and request it specifically. Also they told me that we do have guaranteed seating in the auditorium and that even tho we had that we had to be there no later then 6:00.So it doesn't sound like you have the Fantasmic Package. I would defenitely call back and check. °o° :thumbsup:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Gee ... I wonder why they told me different? They said it only allowed us to move to the front of the line.

HoosierDisneyFan
05-31-2010, 08:16 AM
For the Fantasmic Dinner Package there is a reserved section (far right sections) but you do not get a reservered seat. I have seen Fantasmic with and without this package. Not really sure which is the best way to go. The wait time beforehand to get to your seats can be very long without the Dinner Package but seating to the center is prefered. Also the dinner time have always been pretty early and if it rains you are SOL.

PS Is statement "no bad seats" the same as "one size fits all"?

KylesMom
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
I decided not to waste 2 ts on it and made reservations elsewhere.
Unless this has changed in the past few weeks, the only Fantasmic! TS location that is two credits is Hollywood Brown Derby. Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose are one TS credit.

We dine at Mama Melrose each year with the package, and find it's totally worth it to utilize the special entrance. Last year, when they had taken this benefit away, it was a killer to try & get into the auditorium with the masses - not worth it at all. However, now that they have reinstated the alternate entrance (albeit a different location than it used to be), we were sure to schedule our package for this summer. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
We went the last week of May last year...we had the dinner fantasmic package...there were two showing that evening...packages are ONLY for the first showing...we arrived 45 minutes before the show and THERE WERE NO SEATS LEFT...there were no reserved sections...now, this is our third time reserving and were MORE than disappointed...and the food wasn't that good, we only booked so we could get the reserved section...SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE THERE ONE HOUR BEFORE THE SHOW...or you will suffer the same fate.
:pirate:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Unless this has changed in the past few weeks, the only Fantasmic! TS location that is two credits is Hollywood Brown Derby. Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose are one TS credit.

That's correct. We wanted Moma Melrose but there were no available reservations for the date and time we wanted. They suggested Hollywood Brown Derby which was 2 credits and proceded to tell me that the only advantage of the dinner package was being able to move to the front of the line and then she said that there was no preferred seating for the package reservations anyway. She said however, that the ampitheater was very large and there were no bad seats. I am confused about why she told me that now after reading all the posts. :confused:

Disney_Barbie
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I am confused about why she told me that now after reading all the posts. :confused:

No offence to Disney CMs they do a great job :number1:
But, am I correct in my thinking that the people who work for the dinning line are satelite employees? (IE - working from home from somewhere else in the country) That's what I've heard, and if that's true (although I'm sure disney does their best to keep them up to date and educated on everything, sometimes that's bound to fall thru, when you're not right in the heart of the magic, right?) I can think of several times when I've been given inaccurate, or just not up to date information from CMs on the phone. I tend to more-so trust recent first hand accounts from intercotees, they tend to know there stuff:rocks:

KylesMom
06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
While I can't comment on the "satellite employee" issue, I can tell you that some of the Dining CMs (and reservationists, for that matter) throw a guess out there if they aren't sure. There are other Disney CMs that you'll get on the line that will seek out the answers to the questions you have - no matter how many people they need to call - to get you the correct answer. I've experienced both in the past 60 days, but two of the CMs I spoke with really went above & beyond to get me the correct answers, versus one who had her information incorrect.

While there are not reserved seats, there is a reserved section for the Fantasmic! dining experience participants. You do need to get to the designated entrance within a reasonable amount of time before the show begins to be sure to get a seat. The only "bad" seats we've experienced with the Fantasmic! package were to the extreme far right of the amphitheater when you're facing the front.

We find the package to be worth it for our family because we'd eat at Mama Melrose for dinner anyway - but some do not find any value in it. This is among our first ADRs that we make at our 180 day mark, especially now that Fantasmic! is on a limited schedule and not shown every night. :wine:

akaDisneyDreamer
06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I tend to more-so trust recent first hand accounts from intercotees, they tend to know there stuff:

You are so right, these people are giving first hand acconts because they know from experience. I just wish I had gotten on here and questioned this a few months ago, because now, at this late date, I just may be out of luck with the Fantasmic package. A couple months ago when I tried to make a ressie at Moma Melrose, there were no Fantasmic packages left for the evening we wanted, and that's when she told me it didn't really make a difference anyway, so I just made a res somewhere else and planned on standing in line for the show later. I hope we can get in.:(