PDA

View Full Version : Missing Disney something fierce right now...

Dsnygirl
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I know we've all been there... that feeling you suddenly get of wanting to get to Disney SOOOO badly, and it lasts for a different length of time each time... well, that's where I'm at right now.

My DH laughs, as it's only (only?? ;)) been 7 months since we got back, and I'm pining away like it's been years... but hey, when you love something, you just want to go back!!

When we first started going, we never intended on it becoming a yearly trip... the cost, etc., made us believe we'd go every 2 or 3 years. :funny: Well, somehow, circumstances allowed us a trip once a year for 4 consecutive years, and I even squeezed an extra one in there with my girlfriends, which was GREAT. :thumbsup:

So now, our next trip isn't until NEXT August... gulp... :( :fit:... and I'm finding it so tough at the moment, b/c this is the time of year I've been planning our last three trips, as they were all in the fall.

Granted, it's all for the good that we're waiting... we have a lot of things we want/need to do around our house this year, and we want our next trip to be long enough to incorporate a 4-nt Disney cruise in with it. So, pennies (LOTS of them!) need to be saved, too.

But - even though my rational side knows it's good we're skipping a year, my Disney side is just aching to be planning, and I've done just about all the planning and research I can do at this point for a trip that is so far away.

Who else is with me right now?? I know I'm not the only one who's body is here at home but who's heart is walking down Main Street.... :cloud9:

SBETigg
05-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh my gosh, I am right there with you. I've been really busy, so I had my head down and wasn't thinking about it. Then the past few days, I have just had complete Disney obsession and such a desire to be there. I'm going in July for a conference, and then later with my family, but right now I just want to live there and never leave.

cajundisneyfreak
05-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I know the feeling.lol I so want to be there this summer to see The Main Street Electrical Parade.I prefer that one over Spectromagic.It's only going to be there this summer.:sad: I could just picture myself sitting on the curb on Main St. eating a bag of cotton candy while watching the parade.:cloud9:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
I completly understand!! I took my daughters for the first time in 08 when my youngest graduated high school, and then we HAD to go back in 09 for 7 nights because the 08 trip wasn't nearly long enough (silly us - we just didn't know that 5 nights wouldn't be enough!) and will be going back again this summer (in 74 days!). We are obsessed with Disney World! We stayed at the awesome Animal Kingdom Lodge the first two trips, but booked the Polyneisian this time and kind of feel like traitors because we REALLY love AKL! However, we've been reassured we will love the Poly as well though and are excited to try something new. Anyway, we haven't even left on our 2010 trip and are already talking about going in October 2011 for the Not So Scary Halloween Party! Woo Hoo! WDW rocks!

queenmom9497
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Leaving in 20 days-sorry to rub it in but your post struck a "cord" with me! We went for the first time in '07 and have had the good fortune to get back every year since, even tho, each year we say "we're done!" WDW just gets into your soul in such a good way-it is a magical place. People ask me, "what do you find to do down there so often?" Each year, there is something different to see and so many "old friends" to revist that each time is a "Magical Journey!" Can't wait to leave! I can't believe in 3 weeks from right now, I will be either on the Magical Express, heading to BWI or actually AT BWI getting ready to hit the parks! Thank you again for your post!

cer
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Me too! We likely will be skipping this next year as well, only we usually go in February. Just the other day I was thinking about wanting to go back and then thinking...it has ONLY been less than 4 months since we were there!

Homesick in Texas...

IloveDisney71
05-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I got my Disney fix in Feb when we spent 3 days there with some friends of ours. It was a short trip but it was a great trip. I knew that my next trip wouldn't be until 2011 because we were going to be saving up to be able to stay at the AKL for my 40th bday. That is going be a real treat for me because I've always wanted to stay there.

I was fine with the amount of time I would be away from my favorite place until they announced that the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming JUST for this summer. That is the parade that holds a special place in my Disney memories. I want to go see it SO bad. I've been trying to figure out ways to manage a trip down there just for that. Even if I could go for just one day so I could visit the MK and see the MSEP I would be in hog heaven! I only live 7 1/2 hours away - I'm still thinking :secret: :blush: :mickey:

Julie_Mouse
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
I completely feel your pain! :hug:

We just came back from a trip, and although I've also had the good fortune to be able to visit WDW annually since 2006, I know it will be a bit of a longer stretch before I get back again :cry:

We actually have no trip in our foreseeable future right now, so I just cope by reading here and helping others plan their trips! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
I knew that my next trip wouldn't be until 2011 because we were going to be saving up to be able to stay at the AKL for my 40th bday. That is going be a real treat for me because I've always wanted to stay there.

Even if I could go for just one day so I could visit the MK and see the MSEP I would be in hog heaven! I only live 7 1/2 hours away - I'm still thinking :secret: :blush: :mickey:
Definitely do stay at AKL, esp. if it's for your birthday... it was (and still is!) my dream resort to stay at, and we stayed there last fall for the 1st time to celebrate our 15th anniversary. You will LOVE it, and it will absolutely be worth the wait! We're hoping to stay there next summer, as well, even if it's another split stay... :cloud9:

(and I have to tell you... if I was only 7 1/2 hrs away... I say only b/c we're more like 22... I'd SOOO be there to see the Summer Nightastic and the Main St Electrical Parade!! Even if I only spent one night, and at a value resort, it'd be so worth that drive!! Heck, I drive 8 hours just to get to the ocean every summer! :D)

Thanks for all your replies, everyone... good to know I'm not alone!! :)

RedSoxFan
05-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I know how you feel too. It'll have been 2 years this coming October. DH wants to go in December; but that will mean 4 days out of 8th grade for Kourtney. I just don't know if that is going to be a good idea or not. The boys are in college now (one has graduated) so if we do go, it will be different. Decisions, decisions.

Jenemmy
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
***sigh*** -- I was just there the first week of this month and I got the need!!!! LOL. I think mine is more of the "I can't believe my trip is really over" blues......

Feels like it has been forever, and it has only been 3 weeks!

tinka
05-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I totally know how you feel. We went on our last trip in September last year, and had a few bad experiences and had decided not to go back for a while. That lasted all of a couple months and I was ready to go back. No possibility of going until at least next year, and I see the Disney commercials on tv constantly...makes me wanna hop on a plane right now!! I swear they are targeted at those of us wishing to go again...just hearing the music makes me smile!:D

divinedi
05-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I made tea in a Tinkerbell cup the other day, first time I've used the cup, and there was actual physical pain(not too intense!) I wanted to go back to DW sooooo bad. My last trip was Feb. 2009, and I don't know when I'll be able to go back again:cry:, still haven't found a job as yet and when I do it'll be awhile before I'll be able to save up the money to go :(. *Sigh*, some day, for now I spend far too much time here on Intercot! Thanks everyone for helping me get through this DW dry spell!

xo0ally
05-30-2010, 03:42 PM
i'm with you there! theres 400 days until my next trip and i'm dying to go back:mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I need to return to the "World"........right now if you please! I'd need to bring my DW of course, we both could use a few days away. Sad to sy that I am on vacation next week but it's going to be a "staycation".

ibrowse17
05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I agree, and feel it myself! Our next trip is still somewhere out on the horizon, and we will be very happy the day we book it:thumbsup:

fernsmommy
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
We got back on May 13th from our trip and I'm already planning for our next trip which won't be until sometime in 2012 in the winter. May was way too hot for me with my little girls. I'd love to go next year but we're planning to get me a new, to me, bigger car. My dad wants our next trip to be the whole family, my sister and her DH and kids, my DH and kids, and my 2 younger sisters and my mom and him. I really don't know how I feel about that as my dad is one of "those people". You know the ones you see in the parks looking miserable and getting mad at the tiny things and yelling about it. It's really embarrassing. Hopefully, my mom can talk to him or even me and ask him to lighten up. I want to have a great time not an ok time.

MushuGrl
06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Feeling your pain! We just went in January - which was a great time of the year to go, but seems WEIRD to not have something planned for later this year!

DizNee143
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
i soo feel your pain..
we went in Sept 2009 for our first Annivesary and i was also 7 1/2 months pregnant..
we wont be back until hopefully somewhere in between nov 2011-feb 2012..
i wanna go around when my daughter is 2..at least we have her to keep us busy...i CANT wait to go!!!:mickey:

DisneyMomx2
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I SO understand. It was that ache that got me to convince myself that it was a good idea to go again this summer. We have gone for about 7 years in a row and every winter I am adamently against it but at the first sign of spring, I feel the need. My DH and I debated back and forth but we are now booked with our 2 girls for the end of August with free dining which we have never done before.

We will try to not go next year because I really want to be there for WDW's 40th which will also be mine. :)

Ms. Mode
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes, I have WDW fever very badly. My DH laughs at me and gives me the countdown (in months) until our next trip. My DD tells my I'm obsessed.

Last night we were doing yardwork and all I could think of was how they sculpt the the strubs @ MK. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
06-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I feel your pain!:mickey: