PDA

View Full Version : Dining outside the parks

JennyAnne
05-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good restaurant outside the parks? We (DH and I) are spending Tuesday at TL and are looking for an affordable but nice restaurant for dinner. We don't need (and can't afford) anything fancy, but are looking for a nice, decent meal.

Any recommendations?

Fastpasssteve
05-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Here's your best bet:

You will spend the day at Typhoon Lagoon. Luckily, Downtown Disney (a large dining and shopping district) is located right next to Typhoon Lagoon, so get yourself over there. I recommend one of my favorite quick service restauarnts: Wolfgang Puck Express - a cafeteria-style line with high-class food. Reasonable prices and delicious food, but you won't have to worry about wearing swim trunks and such--there's no waiter in a tuxedo or white table clothes.

The pizzas have great, imaginative toppings and the pasta dishes are fabulous. I would recommend staying for the creme brulee (very yummy!), but I would take a walk down to Ghirardelli's Soda Shop and get a sundae...so many to choose from! Delicious! You could also take some chocolate home from their ajoining shop.

Have a lovely day in the sun. Oh, Wolfgang Express has air-conditioning...you'll need it after roasting all day. Remember to hydrate. Disney is not fun at Dr. Mickey's Medical Infirmary.

JennyAnne
05-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks so much Steve! You've been a big help in planning our 2-day WDW trip. My last vacation, I planned for almost a year. This time around, I had about 5 days notice. :(