PDA

View Full Version : What is Nightastic??

AJ Springfield
05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Is Nightastic just a new way to spin the parade and fireworks?? I am looking forward to our return trip in a week, and I am sure it will be fun to see something new, but I was wondering if there was something more to "Nightastic" than the MSEP and different fireworks.

MidnTPK
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if there was something more to "Nightastic" than the MSEP and different fireworks.
There will be a new drop program at the ToT. And they added more nighttime hours at the AK.

PopPhan
05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/summer-nightastic/

This gives a pretty good run down on what is going on for Summer Nightastic!

KylesMom
05-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Jason posted this in the "Topics & Tidbits":

Rock'n the Night Away

5/19/10 It has been announced that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be holding a special nightly event as part of the Summer Nightastic! event series this Summer. On Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights during Summer Nightastic! 2010, the Rock N’ Glow Dance Party will be held in the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster plaza. The event will feature a DJ and dance floor.

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I, personally, think it is an attempt to draw press attention to Disney. Everyone is wetting their pants over the opening of Harry Potter Land over at that other park. People are drawn to the whatever gets the press (New & Improved is an old standby in the PR business). I think this is just a reminder of how great Disney is, and how it's still the great place to bring the family for summer fun. Personally, I don't think Disney has much to worry about. Harry Potter land isn't an entire theme park unto itself. It is only a 'land' in one of the parks...in the same way that Adventureland is only part of the Magic Kingdom.

I think WDW offers an immersive atmosphere that simply can't be rivaled...no matter what they do during the summer nights.