PDA

View Full Version : AS Movies Tips/Secrets

disneyfamily05
05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
A friend and I (leaving the families at home) will be at AS Movies in the fall (late Sept./early Oct.). We are mainly staying here due to her request to keep the expenses down as much as possible.

Any tips/little things my intercot friends can share about this resort. I know it's large, and what the theming is via photos. We are two ladies in our late 20s/early 30s (but kids at heart!)- so we're not too worried about standing on buses (of course i say that now- lol), walking to our rooms, etc. As I have heard people complain about busing.

For instance, anything special in the food court (ex. Zebra Domes at AKL, beignets at POFQ), or special things to check-out. Are you able to walk to the other AS resorts? Not sure how far away they are from one another and if there are paths to get there.

Thanks for any advice or input!

Strmchsr
05-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Other than the Herbie buildings I really didn't find ASMovies to be all that spread out. Everything else is pretty close together and not a bad walk.

Nothing special in the food court. Just normal stuff.

The Mighty Ducks pool is usually less crowded than the Fantasia pool.

Buses are not that bad. I find the buses at values to be better than moderates and some of the deluxe resorts. ASMovies often has dedicated buses for MK and Epcot since it's the most popular of the All-Stars. I find ASMovies to be at least equal to (and maybe better than) Pop's buses.

You can walk to the other All-Stars. No paths connecting them. Just parking lots. From Movies to Music it's not too far, but then you have to walk all the way through Music to get to Sports, so that's a little bit of a hike, but certainly doable if you like to walk.

Daisy'sMom
05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Movies is our second favorite value. POP of course is number one, but we have stayed at Movies several times and never had one complaint. Be happy you are staying at a value instead of spending all that money to sleep!:mickey:

KAT1811
06-03-2010, 11:24 AM
We love ASMovies. Stayed there for two weeks a few years back. I'm not sure what you did as far as room location but for two ladies traveling without your families I would request a room out a bit instead of being close to the main pool/food court. It tends to be loud the closer you are so to enjoy a bit of piece and quiet you may wat to out of the way a bit.

E-OR
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
We have stayed at ASmovies a few times and planning a trip next May staying here. We have stayed at all of the values and like movies the best. Our family loves the theming and the layout. Walk around the resort and look at all of the larger than life theming. It is really well done. In the evenings there are movies on a blow up screen by the pool. If you are back at the room, grab a drink and some popcorn and enjoy the evening and movie. We like the variety offered at the food court. There is a bit of everything but nothhing that I can think is notable for just being at the movies. I hope you wil enjoy this resort as much as we do.