PDA

View Full Version : Gratuity and more than 6 people

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-27-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm not trying to start a debate, but was curious. Four our trip in September we have a party of 7 people. many of the reservations we made said the party may be split to two tables. Will the automatic gratuity be added in this case because we made the reservation for 7, or will they go by the number of people at the table. I'm not saying I don't want to pay the 18% because we usually leave that or more, but was just wondering.

Hammer
05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
They will go by the amount of people which are on the reservation, so an automatic charge will apply.

DizneyRox
05-27-2010, 10:49 AM
And just to get the info in the same thread, the number of people is determined by the number of heads in the party. It doesn't matter what their age is, or even if they eat (for example, an infant).

The "gratuity" is based on the total of the bill...

KAT1811
05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Wouldn't it depend on table proximity if the party were to be split? If the party is split into two tables with two different servers would they still add in the 18%? I would think if the tables were next to each other with the same server that would be the case but if they are split and different servers how would that work?

No worries for us. No matter how many of us are dining we have TIW and the gratuity is automatically added in. Makes life easier for us and saves us money since we usually tip at least 20%. We do however, leave a bit extra for exceptional service.

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-27-2010, 07:40 PM
What is TIW?

DizneyRox
05-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Tables in Wonderland... It's a table service discount card, pretty much 20% off the bill (apps, entre, dessert, drinks, etc). Not every place accepts it, there are a few CS locations that participate.

One of the "rules" is 18% is automatically added to the bill for gratuity. When they do that though, that's all the "tip" they get, regardless of how good the service is. If it's bad, I speak with management.

I feel it's a better deal than the dining plans, at least the way we eat.

KylesMom
05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Tables in Wonderland... It's a table service discount card, pretty much 20% off the bill (apps, entre, dessert, drinks, etc). Not every place accepts it, there are a few CS locations that participate.

One of the "rules" is 18% is automatically added to the bill for gratuity. When they do that though, that's all the "tip" they get, regardless of how good the service is. If it's bad, I speak with management.

I feel it's a better deal than the dining plans, at least the way we eat. I should add that the TiW card is only available to Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. We, too belong to TiW, as it's a better value for our family than the dining plan.

I'm not trying to start a debate, but was curious. Four our trip in September we have a party of 7 people. many of the reservations we made said the party may be split to two tables. Will the automatic gratuity be added in this case because we made the reservation for 7, or will they go by the number of people at the table. I'm not saying I don't want to pay the 18% because we usually leave that or more, but was just wondering. Typically, even though they tell you they'll split your party, I've only heard of a few rare instances where you're more than touching distance away from the other half of your group. Most of the CMs realize that your party is "together", and they'll keep you that way except in extreme circumstances. The automatic 18% gratuity is based on the ADR party size (or if no ADR, how many you express is in your party when you arrive if you're a walk-up).

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2010, 08:20 PM
We've been a large party before who were seperated and had different servers. And yes the gratuity was still added even though we didn't have the same server. I thought that was a bit absurded, but we were on vacation, had pretty good service, and would have tipped anyway so it didn't bother us much. I would just go expecting to have the gratuity added because of your party size, reguardless of where everyone is seated, and deal with each situation as it comes depending on your satisfaction at each meal.

KylesMom
05-27-2010, 08:39 PM
We've been a large party before who were seperated and had different servers. And yes the gratuity was still added even though we didn't have the same server. Denise, you're the one who came to mind when I said "rare instances"! :D