PDA

View Full Version : Bus stops

the other micki
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
For resorts that have numerous bus stops, is there any advantage to loading at the main bus stop as compared to the smaller pick-up points?

Thanks!

Scar
05-26-2010, 02:35 PM
I can only speak for CSR and CBR and I would say no, unless of course, you're already there for breakfast or something.

CleveRocks
05-27-2010, 02:15 PM
For resorts with multiple stops, I'm not aware that there is a "main" one and then other smaller pick-up points. All stops are created equal.

ransam
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
it seems, and i may be wrong, that it will ballance out. If you get to one of the first stops to board, you have to wait longer on the bus. but you're the first one to get back to your resort as well.

Scar
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
For resorts with multiple stops, I'm not aware that there is a "main" one and then other smaller pick-up points. All stops are created equal.I'm fairly certain they were refering to the "main" one as the one near the food court, etc., and the "smaller" ones as the other ones closer (in most cases) to your room.

Fastpasssteve
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
If one is visiting WDW during a busy season, it might be worth looking at a resort map online, noting where the bus stops are, then, with map in sight, call the resort well in advance and find out in which order the buses pick-up people...and request a room early in the pick-up route.

If you end up at the end of the route, you could find yourself on a bus each morning with all the seats already taken. This might not be a problem for you, but if you have small children or an older adult...

the other micki
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm fairly certain they were refering to the "main" one as the one near the food court, etc., and the "smaller" ones as the other ones closer (in most cases) to your room.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant :) Thanks for all of the input, everyone! Does anyone know the order of pick up at POR? I'm assuming the busses stop at the main (near the food court) stop first. What's next? The mansions or alligator bayou? TIA!

DizneyRox
05-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I can't remember which moderate it was, but it seemed like where the the bus entered the grounds determined the order of the stops. for example, one day we were the first to be picked up/dropped off, and another day we were almost last. I think the driver used a side entrance to the resort instead of the main one. For what reason I don't know, maybe the park, maybe an accident, who knows...

I've also noticed more diversity in the groupings of resorts. Used to be Contemporary, Poly and Grand were always on the same line. Now I've noticed a sprinkling of WL in there at times. I haven't really paid attention to the bus stops to notice if those change seasonally or if it was more of a restructure.

I can say that the new bus system doesn't leave much to be desired. Depending on the time of day, getting from one location to another can be an exercise in futility... Try getting back to your resort at 10:30 in the morning!

Fangorn
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
On our last stay at POR (December 2009), there seemed to be a general theme to the bus pickup, but I wouldn't count on it for any given trip on any given day.

There appeared to be (at times) two actual sets of buses. One set stopped only at the South Depot - at the main building of POR. The other set of buses went to the other stops - West, North and East Depots, in that order.

At other times, one bus would stop at all stops. In that case, the usual circuit was South, West, North, East. But not always. At least once, they went West, North, East, and finished up at South.

In other words, there wasn't much consistency as to the starting point, but the loop always went clockwise (S,W,N,E) around the resort.

Steve

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
If I am remembering correctly the last stop on the way to the parks at CSR was at the main bus stop by the food court. I could be wrong, its been a while, but that is how I remembered it. In that case you'd be better off catching the bus from the stop nearest your room, unless you need to swing by the foodcourt for breakfast before leaving for the parks.

the other micki
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks, everyone! You've all been very helpful!

A Big Kid
05-28-2010, 08:30 AM
If I am remembering correctly the last stop on the way to the parks at CSR was at the main bus stop by the food court. I could be wrong, its been a while, but that is how I remembered it. In that case you'd be better off catching the bus from the stop nearest your room, unless you need to swing by the foodcourt for breakfast before leaving for the parks.

Thats how I remembered it when we went in January.:number1: