PDA

View Full Version : Passholder-Palooza! Summer Nightastic Preview

Red Randal
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here. I got an e-mail from Disney yesterday...

Clear your calendar for Saturday, June 5, 2010, and get over to the Magic Kingdom® Park for an advance viewing of the return of perhaps the most beloved and adored Disney parade in history! The Main Street Electrical Parade is back as part of Summer Nightastic! Check it out at 9 and 11 p.m., or both!

Plus! That same night, Passholders* can check out the new Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular at 10 p.m., with special light effect viewing glasses, provided free to who? Passholders, that's who. Pick up your free glasses between 4 and 8 p.m. at the Rose Garden entrance near Tomorrowland® and enjoy the show.

See ya real soon!

Passholder sneak-peek? Count it!

Goofy4TheWorld
05-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here. I got an e-mail from Disney yesterday...

Clear your calendar for Saturday, June 5, 2010, and get over to the Magic Kingdom® Park for an advance viewing of the return of perhaps the most beloved and adored Disney parade in history! The Main Street Electrical Parade is back as part of Summer Nightastic! Check it out at 9 and 11 p.m., or both!

Plus! That same night, Passholders* can check out the new Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular at 10 p.m., with special light effect viewing glasses, provided free to who? Passholders, that's who. Pick up your free glasses between 4 and 8 p.m. at the Rose Garden entrance near Tomorrowland® and enjoy the show.

See ya real soon!

Passholder sneak-peek? Count it!

I think I am going to cry...

Does this mean that Spectromagic & Wishes will not be showing on June 5, as I originally assumed since June 6 was the first summer nightastic night, but instead MSEP & 'Summer Fireworks' will be shown on Juen 5 instead???

05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Does this mean that Spectromagic & Wishes will not be showing on June 5, as I originally assumed since June 6 was the first summer nightastic night, but instead MSEP & 'Summer Fireworks' will be shown on Juen 5 instead???

Yep.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Well that <snipped myself>.:(

We arrive June 5th and completly re-arranged our schedule so that I could see Spectro (I can't stand MSEP) and my wife could see Wishes (she LOVES Wishes.)

I did tell my wife when the June 6th announcement came out that I bet they do an early release. I hate being right.

Daisy'sMom
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
We are going just for the Electric Parade and the new fireworks. Got my email yesterday also.:mickey:

Melanie
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
We're SO there!!!!! :joy:

Goofy4TheWorld
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
So does this mean that the new fireworks show will have some elements only viewable using special glasses for every show, or just for June 5???

TheRustyScupper
05-26-2010, 10:42 PM
1) We are doing the June 11th viewing.
2) It includes
. . . cocktails and dinner at Contemporary
. . . shuttle to viewing spot
. . . then, Nightastic
3) First 1,000 who sign up get in.
4) Plus, IT IS TOTALLY FREE !!!!!

Red Randal
05-27-2010, 11:30 AM
So does this mean that the new fireworks show will have some elements only viewable using special glasses for every show, or just for June 5???

I would imagine that it's something like those glasses you get to look at Christmas lights. You don't NEED them but it makes them look extra fancy.

Pirate Granny
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
HUMMMMMMMMMMM this ticks me off as I'm an AP (have been for years) and never seem to get these e-mails in time to react...could it be they think I live too far away -- not to hop on a plane for a one day trip...
:pirate:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
05-27-2010, 07:00 PM
2) It includes
. . . then, Nightastic

Where/How is this being offered? We are APs...don't see anything on the site...

TracyL
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
If there are a few (or more than a few) INTERCOT folk likely to be there on June 5, perhaps we could pick a time and a place to meet up? Just throwin' it out there. I don't know for sure if we'll make it, but I've put it on the calendar and we're plenty close enough to pop down there for the evening.

Cinderella7299
05-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Where/How is this being offered? We are APs...don't see anything on the site...

I didn't see or hear of it either...I would have LOVED to have taken advantage of that deal!

The 11th would have been so much better for us as we are going to be there Wednesday the 2nd and Thursday the 3rd for my Mom's birthday. We're still debating trying to go back up for the 5th though. I'm trying to get a handle on how crowded it'll be, the "predictors" show very low crowds (always a good thing), but it's Gay Days, and historically we've found it to be pretty crowded during that weekend.

I love the MSEP and think it would be something fun to do Saturday night...a little "sneak peak" to get me excited about the rest of the summer!

~Sigh~ I might HAVE to go up there and see for myself! :thumbsup:

:mickey: Ginny

SallyP
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
2) It includes
. . . then, Nightastic

Curious as to how you heard about this special offer? :mickey: Sounds like it's too good to be true kind of thing ... not that I'm doubting you. :blush:

TheRustyScupper
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Curious as to how you heard about this special offer? :mickey: Sounds like it's too good to be true kind of thing ... not that I'm doubting you. :blush:

1) Was sent an invite by WDW.
2) First 1,000 to sign up get to go.
3) Even stranger. (Really strange)
4) After dinner, there is a shuttle to a special inside-MK viewing area.
5) The Disney rep called today to confirm our ressie.
6) Had to sign up on-line, and don't know if they have the 1,000 people, yet.

SallyP
05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
1) Was sent an invite by WDW.
2) First 1,000 to sign up get to go.
3) Even stranger. (Really strange)
4) After dinner, there is a shuttle to a special inside-MK viewing area.
5) The Disney rep called today to confirm our ressie.
6) Had to sign up on-line, and don't know if they have the 1,000 people, yet.

Shucky darn I didn't get one! but thanks for the response.

goofygirl67
05-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I just got back today and last night I picked up the times for this week at MK. I don't see how June 5th can be a passholder exclusive when the park is open until 11pm., but I'm going anyway.

Melanie
05-31-2010, 07:05 PM
I just got back today and last night I picked up the times for this week at MK. I don't see how June 5th can be a passholder exclusive when the park is open until 11pm., but I'm going anyway.

Hmmm, yeah...how is that going to work?

Melanie
05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Ugh. Tricky wording in that email to Passholders. After a little research, the only thing special for Passholders are the glasses. I'm disappointed! And from all indications, it's going to be crowded that day. I'm seriously reconsidering my plans. :(

SallyP
05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Ugh. Tricky wording in that email to Passholders. After a little research, the only thing special for Passholders are the glasses. I'm disappointed! And from all indications, it's going to be crowded that day. I'm seriously reconsidering my plans. :(

That's the way I read it too Melanears ... just the special effect glasses given out at the rose garden are 'special' for Passholders that evening. I may just wait for a somewhat cool evening during the weeks that follow.

CaptSmee
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Well that <snipped myself>.:(

We arrive June 5th and completly re-arranged our schedule so that I could see Spectro (I can't stand MSEP) and my wife could see Wishes (she LOVES Wishes.)

I did tell my wife when the June 6th announcement came out that I bet they do an early release. I hate being right.

How could you not like MSEP?!?! We're making a trip this summer just to see it! :cloud9:

Goofy4TheWorld
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
How could you not like MSEP?!?! We're making a trip this summer just to see it! :cloud9:

Well, Spectro is all I have ever known, BUT when I watch (and listen) to MSEP on YouTube, the music makes me want to puke. I am leaving tomorrow for WDW, so I guess I will find out whether or not being in person will change my mind!